Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some idiot took me and my bike out on the 405 north the other night. I was going about 75 in the 2nd land (not swerving or changing lanes or anything like that). And some d-bag (im assuming he was drunk) clipped my back tire while changing lanes. Or swerving, or whatever the fuck his drunk ass was doing.

Me and my bike skidded from the number two lane into the number 5 lane and about 4 or 5 hundred feet forward, and i missed being hit by a semi (which i was looking at while sliding backwards) by about 5 feet.

Miraculously neither me nor my bike were injured. My bike only has about 400 dollars of damage done to it (need new axle and frame sliders, a new engine cover, a new mirror and a new back fairing), and i walked away with only scrapes on my knees. Someone really must be looking after me.

Just goes to show you though that even when your riding safely in a straight line its the other people that make the roads dangerous.

Also, there is oil in the clear plastic "bulb" type thing on the left side of my bike. Is that bad?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Well. Glad to hear you're alright. If you are speaking of the bottle on the left side I'd be willing to guess that it's from the bike being on it's side. You'll have to change the oil when you do a new wngine cover anyway, just drain the bottle and make sure you don't have oil flowing into it while riding normally and I'd say it's no problem. That's just a catch can type thing on the oil overflow. You may wanna check the air filter as well if there's oil in there.

·
Registered
182 Posts
That suck man. Glad to hear you are ok and not to much done to the bike. Did anyone get the vehicle's plate # or anything? I'm assuming the driver didn't stop.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no he didnt. and it wasnt worth it to me to call the cops. ide rather keep my insurance record crash free.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Well... once again. That really sucks. I don't understand how someone could be so careless as to cause someone else to wreck, especially on a bike, and not even have the common courtesy to stop and check on them. Some people just need to be shot in the foot and left to bleed out.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Yea some imaginary entity must have been looking out for you that day, that or you had an extremely lucky day. All bad drivers get their's in the end though, good luck runs out eventually if you keep testing it.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Yea some imaginary entity must have been looking out for you that day, that or you had an extremely lucky day. All bad drivers get their's in the end though, good luck runs out eventually if you keep testing it.
why must you be so closed minded and why do you have to mock him and others by saying some imaginary entity... you are looking for a fight and being disrespectful of others beliefs.

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
I would still call the cops.Hit and run is a felony.The guy who hit you probly doesn't know you are ok, for all he knows your dead.If someone nearly killed me I don't think I could take it as lightly as you.The guy probly won't learn his lesson and the next time he hits someone there could be a fatality.I think you should report this to the police.They can call mechanics and see if anyone has come in to repair damage that may have occurred during the accident.

·
Moderhater
62,425 Posts
405 is a dangerous freeway, a few of us KF members have gone down on that freeway. I am glad your OK.

think fast, ride safe...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts