Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i am new to the site, i just bought my bike like 3 weeks ago. I got a brand new silver 636 '03. I left it in the parking lot at my college and someone knocked it over.[V] Needless to say i am pissed. There were no witnesses and nothing i can do. Its really not that much damage. Just a bunch of scratches on the fairing and a very small dent on the exhaust. This is my baby and i want her perfect, so i want to get it fixed ASAP. Any suggestions on getting repairs? Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
211 Posts
dude that sucks bad, i would have just killed everyone around. it is ashame when people mess with other peoples "toys" just to be cool. well good luck with the repairs and keep your open for the tipper!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I'd just leave the scratches on the fairing, because to replace it would probably be expensive. Unless you can compound them out or maybe touch them up, I'd just replace the exhaust can. It's the perfect excuse to buy a brand new Akrapovic exhaust system! ;)

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Man that blows! To give you an idea, when I purchased my 2001, the previous owner had laid it down attempting to do a wheelie. The left fairing was all scratched up. To get it repainted and smoothed out, $75.

Just an idea, shouldn't be too much to fix the problem, but it would have been much better without it happening!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
How bad are the scratches? I got a bad one on my 02 and used progressively finer grains of sandpaper to completely smooth the area out, then primed it and repainted. It was on the bottom, so it wasn't noticable in the first place, but it worked like a charm.

·
Registered
164 Posts
yo feel the scratches with your nail,ifyou can catch the scratch with your nail youll have to repaint it, compound wont help. take your fairing off.take it to a body shop and ask them to first try to buff if it doesnt work ask them to paint it. if they have a good paint company they can get a camera and take a pic.of your fairing and tint it to match you bike. cost should be under 100.00 dollors.there are plenty of silver out their to match you bike.

·
Registered
422 Posts
If your looking for a new exhaust. I'll have a brand new muzzy slip-on today that I'm looking to sell. I forgot that I bought it back in June but it was on back order til last week. So I went out and bought a new Akrapovic system. If ANYBODY is interested, email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sucks to hear about shit like that happening. Someone actually ripped my license plate off of my bike at UWM in on-campus bike parking. Yeah, that's a pissa! We need to get some damn all-day security detail just to watch for fucks messing with our bikes!

636ofPortWashington

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
this pisses me off the most!![}:)] why the fuck do people feel the need to screw around with something that isn't theirs:(? if ya want to sit on it ask!! and there's no way it's an accident if it gets tipped over. it's planted well on the sidestand so unless joe dumbass moron has no sense of balance he pushed it over. only other way it ccan happen is if a car hits it trying to get in a parking spot. lousy bastards.
anyway hope it works out

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hey just thought I'd let you know for those who have small knicks and dings go to www.color-rite.com they have kawa's paint.

Anyways my bike is all fucked up, 02 ZX6r got an estimate back $4100. I got hit on the freeway by some dome ass kid. Oh well insurance baby! plus a settlement for my broken foot and hip.

Instead of replacing the stock exhaust, i'm going to throw an arata titianium full system, dynojetkit stage 3, custom paint, gear kit 1 down 4 up, undertail, and better suspension. Any ideas what else i could do to it still got another 5,000,

not to mention polishing the rims, then powder painting them with this really cool glow in the dark shit.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
forget painting the fairings, just invest in frame sliders. could of saved the plastics. this wont be the first time it falls over.;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.