Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so today i was out ridin some backroads and i decided to try gettin some wheelies down...well b4 i could barely get it up in second and when i did i think the speed scared me...so meanwhile im just takin it easy and practicing first gear clutchups...after a while i started gettin em up there higher and higher but could never really hold em, had a few close calls settin a couple down hard. well today i tried clutchin up second sitdowns cause the whole standup bounce shit scares me too(dont want to hurt my baby). well i got em up to where i just cant see nemore and i ride em out alright, to me it seems like im chasing BP and i need togo a lil higheer i just dont wanna loop her over........i find it easier to lock my arms and lean back a lil bit, kinda helps me feel the balance....any suggestions for keepin her up there?

·
Registered
74 Posts
well it all depends on how long you wanna hold it.....if u have it at that level you should be able to ride second to the end of the gear which will be somewhere around 100 so u will cover a pretty decent stretch of ground but if u don't wanna go fast ur gonna have to balance it more work the brake and the throttle to keep it going....my bike is geared and i bring second up at about 10 sitting down and can ride it to about 80 which is the limiter corrected for my gearing the speedo is right at 100 i hold it alittle higher than u describe to where i have to look to either side of the upper and i work the brake and throttle alittle

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
try holding steady throttle and gently ease into the back brake until the bike starts to drop to learn the rear brake and once you do the height will just come to you because you will feel comfortable knowing that you have your rear brake in control. DONT lock your arms especially when setting your wheelie down you are going to throw yourself into a tank slapper just stay comfortable and sqare with the bike as it comes up

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
oh and just go ahead and kick your bike off its kickstand a couple times so you wont be worried about dropping it anymore :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.