Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Man, you southern boys can't seem to hold onto your bikes! Is crime really that bad in the lower 40, or did you give the dirtbags an opening? :mad:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Sorry to hear the bad news....it seems like this might become a trend. Where did you park the bike, and how long was it since you rode it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It had to be early in the morning, I usually park my bike behind my truck so its harder to see. But someone parked in my spot last night. I live around the bad side of town so it really was only a matter of time (Im moving in about a month I guess they couldn't have waited to come rolling through). Good thing I had full coverage on the bike.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
It had to be early in the morning, I usually park my bike behind my truck so its harder to see. But someone parked in my spot last night. I live around the bad side of town so it really was only a matter of time (Im moving in about a month I guess they couldn't have waited to come rolling through). Good thing I had full coverage on the bike.
A 330lb. bike is nothing to hoist into a van or pick-up. No chain or cover I suppose?
Time to put a deposit on an '09 before that fat check from the insurance company comes through. Good for you for going full coverage. It's the only way to go. :)

·
Registered
59 Posts

I was about to ask that!!! Well hopefully you get your bike back unharmed, and if not, then get the insurance money and buy your self a 650R:D

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Horrible to hear. Good luck getting it back or getting another one with the Insurance money. Karma will get the person who stole it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Karma is a MF but sorry to hear about that. Hopefully it will come home in one piece.

·
Registered
314 Posts
sorry to hear that man. hope everything works out. i suggest that you tell all your friends to look out for your bike, telling them any small detail about the bike and whatnot. check craigslist and see if you see your bike. there are people/thiefs out there that are stupid enough to try and steal them on there. good luck man.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone, Ill try and get an 09 but if that doesn't workout a 600 or 650 might work out well (which I will keep at my parents garage till I move).

·
Registered
216 Posts
Sorry to hear that but your lucky to have the full coverage. I can see insurance companies looking at this trend and making some changes in their policies with the rate these new 250's are turning up stolen.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Sorry to hear your bike got taken ... that sux ...

Since we use the den as a family room, mine sleeps in my unused living room, as much as my wife hates that. But i told her, it stays IN. I paid to damn much for it and my gear toi have it trucked off in the middle of the night.

Post a pic of your bike if you have any, and I'll keep and eye out for it if they move it into NC and try to sell it.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Security?

are there any ways to prevent this kind of stuff?

What kind of security tools are there?
I've heard of LoJack for motorcycles, any one have experience with that?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have LoJack on all vehicles I own. My truck was stolen and taken to a chop shop, a quick call to LoJack and about a day later my baby was safe back at home with me and the chop shop workers were all incarcarated. It even got alot of other cars saftely home that day. There are also different wheel locks that have alarms on them idk how well these work thourh.

·
Registered
460 Posts
that sucks gl getting another one tho

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I always looked away from LoJack cause I thought there was a monthly fee, little did I know there isn't, so I'll probably get it in a few months.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Any one got some more info?
are there any ways to prevent this kind of stuff?

What kind of security tools are there?
I've heard of LoJack for motorcycles, any one have experience with that?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts