Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What year bike, how many miles? You're clutch might be slipping. Adjust it at either the lever end, or at the transmission end.

BC.

I didn't do it, I swear.
And even if I did, what makes you think I would admit it to you?

·
Registered
720 Posts
How the hell can the clutch slip while riding? It's already engaged.
I'm not mad, i'm just thinking as to how that's possible.

You gota have balls like these to drive a bike!

·
Registered
298 Posts
To adjust it at the lever, turn the dial backwards(i believe, if the gap widens, then turn the dial the other way), toward the tank. You should notice the space between the clutch lever and where it rests change. There should be about a quarter widths space between where it rests and where it begins to engage the clutch.

Life is short, but sweet for certain...

·
Registered
315 Posts
on my old fzr 600 that same thing happened. i had to eventually take off the clutch basket cover and adjust something(cant quite remember what!) its been awhile. are you real hard on the clutch? clutch wheelies or dragstrip type take-offs? ease up on her a little if your not racing.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Whenever I ride it hard, like change gears at 13-14, it always fucks up before hand. What I mean is that it pulls till about 10, but than it just zooms to 14000, but there is no power. Like you know when you all just rev your bike in neutral and it goes up like that. Well that's what happens on mine. It seems as if the gear looses its catch on the chain. What is wrong?

·
Registered
110 Posts
If the clutch is worn it can slip while a gear is engaged. I used to own an old Nissan Pulsar that I learned to drive stick on. The clutch was completely gone and I had to accelerate really slowly or the power of the engine would cause the clutch to slip.

2002 Green ZX-6R

-LP flushmount V's
-Integrated rear signals
-Akrapovic Ti pipe

...more mods to come!

·
Registered
720 Posts
I don't drag race nor do I pop wheelies. The clutch only slips after about 10,000 rpms. But I think the clutch may be worn. Is this easy for me to replace? Or do I have to take it to the shop? What piece do I have to replace? Some type of belt? Can I continue to drive it, just not so fast?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Mine did this two separate times. Both were fixed by adjusting the cable to give more slack. I was able to do this at the lever adjuster only. Check your manual and you will see the nec slack or free play. Once I loosened it up, the slip was gone.

Green/Black 01ZX6r. LP
flushmount v's, valter moto rearset adjusters, tank guard. Removed decals, 2002 rear fairing, Pyramid hugger

96 SVT Cobra Black/Tan Vert 32V. Not stock!

93 Blue Probe GT 24V Commuter car.

·
Registered
303 Posts
from the way you decscribed the problem it doesn't sound like your clutch is slipping but its hard to tell without riding your bike... you will definately know if your clutch is slipping... so when your riding it just slips and it goes straight to redline like it would if you were in neutral?

yellow = fast

·
Registered
768 Posts
I had the same thing happen last year. Turns out I just needed to adjust the cable near the basket. The cable was just too tight and not letting it out all the way. Five minutes with 2 wrenches and it was fixed.

Dan...comfortable enough with his manhood to ride a 600.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I twisted that knob thing by the clutch and it looks like everything is good. I just need to test it tomorrow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.