Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone else have this problem? it wont crank but itll click... i thought it was the battery but i just changed it and it still will only crank when it wants to...

·
Registered
602 Posts
i've had that problem a few times and thumping/jiggling the fuse box and wires coming out of it fixed the problem for me.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i tried jumping it off my R1 and nothing i unpluged the wires from the junction box and shoved them back in and nothing...

·
Registered
22 Posts
commonly, the points in the relay get dirty and the magnet clicks but no proper electrical connection is made.. either replace it or take is apart and clean it.

good luck

·
Registered
288 Posts
sometimes a bad starter would also cause it to click, but more than likely it's the starter relay, under the seat, behind the battery. put the key in, turn it to "on" and touch the + & - sides with a screwdriver on the relay, maybe it'll start.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I got the problem right now
Its not the starter cause when it does come on it starts right up.
But now I got something draing my battery

·
Registered
273 Posts
im about ready to sell mine. im so pissed right now. had a fuel problem.. the pump is leaking.. got that temporarily fixed while im waiting for 2 new ones to arrive.. and not it fuckin wont crank... i8t started right now when i was testing to see if the fuel leaked or not.. i put the tank and the rear plastic and seat back on.. and nothing...i havent ridden in a bout 3 weeks now and im starting to loose it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
This happened to me on my 93, after checking everything I decided to pull the junction box off and drilled out the plastic rivets and took the thing apart. After inspection found a burnt spot on the board, cleaned it with rubbing alchol, and hooked it back up, and the damn thing started. Mine was clicking, you could jump @ the solonoid, but it probably will not have spark. If it doesnt it is going to be the junction box.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.