Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im droppin the 9r motor.. pullin off the single sided swingarm.... everything is coming apart!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
im gonna rebuild it... again...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hey Outlawed, can you post a pix of the left engine mount so that I can see how much you shaved off to intall the 9 motor?

Nothing like a little spring cleaning. LOL

Thanks

·
Registered
150 Posts
9 motor install

I ground down a little bit so far off the motor mount. I removed the oil line cover and then installed the motor. I did this so I can get a better idea what to remove. Again, if you can post some pix, it would be a great help.
Just bought a full yoshi exhaust. Cant wait to get this bike bake on the road with the 9 motor.

thanks again

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ill take pics tomorrow (sat)

what carbs are u running??? im gonna play around with my fcr39s... i got all new bodywork.. well see how it comes out.. i bought another radiator off ebay.. only cause mine cracked when i was takin it apart...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:eek: wow you really got bored
yeah ive been meaning to rebuild it for a while. itll probably be a quicker n easier job than my streetfighter 636.. im gonna try n finish this one before any other project...

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
is that a pink spring on your rear shock?:gay:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have the 40mm Keihin CV with the FactoryPro CRB-K27-1.7-RK race kit installed.
let me know how that works out.. my fcrs suck from 1000-3500 rpms.. but pulls like a bat outta hell after that...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well the mount shave is now about 2mm from the oil line... with no signs of rubbing against the frame.. (after 9 yrs)

sorry just got back from a wedding.. no time to take pics..

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks guys...

my bike should finally be DONE the way i want it to be... every time i built my zx7r it was rushed cause it was my only bike (and mode of transportation)... and i wanted to ride.. now i got my 636.. o i can take my time...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
On initial inspection, it looks like 100.00 worth of crank, and a three day weekend.....
:Laughing rolling::Laughing rolling::Laughing rolling:

yeah it does look like that only cause i wanted to hurry up and drop the motor before school.. now its clean...

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
what swing arm is that?? i've always wanted to convert mine to sssw

1 - 20 of 20 Posts