Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking forward to getting a new 10R in a few years but the more I look at it the less I like it. The headlights are FAR less aggressive then the 6R. I am IN LOVE with the 6R headlights. The 10R should be just as aggresive but it actually looks a little girly.
The rear tail is to fat and not sharp enough. Also I like the led tail light on the 6R much better. I AM impressed that it will be the bbest liter bike and I do like its wheels better too.
I actually wish the 10R was a more of a carbon copy of the 6R.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I wasn't too excited about the looks of it either - then I saw it with the solo cowl on it. That thing looks like a beast. It belongs in my garage next to the 6R!

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Yeah Tommy I gotta agree that NONE of the new liter bikes are flaw-less in the looks department. The new R1 has a bad front end and swingarm, the ZX10R is losing me with the ram air intake and swoopy gas tank (and black lower fairing on the colored models), the Gixxer looks (sigh) dated even after just a couple years now, and the CBR, well, looks Honda to me. Ack.

Which is all good. Because I'm still in love with my bike. Whew. Can't afford not to be.

But different strokes for different folks. Good thing - we need SOMEBODY to buy YerGrammaHa's !!! ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am pretty disapointed. Looks-wise, it looks like an updated version of the 1998 ZX-9R with the unfinished lower fairing. What is with the welds on the frame and the unfinished section of the exhaust pipe showing thru the lower fairing? Hopefully the pictures I have seen are of a prototype or pre-production motorcycle, if not the sales of the ZX-10R will probably be on par with the current ZX-9R (dismal). Shame as it will probably be a excellent performer, but most current Sportbikes offer both excellent performance and apperance.

I am a die-hard Kawasaki fan, but the ZX-10 needs some work if it is going to measure up to the competition.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Originally posted by Grunt_99

personaly I like the sytling better than the 6R/RR, but they're still great too.
IMO the best thing is that 10R and 6R/6RR are different and both are very nice in the looks department. I like both very much.

Compare that to Suzukis line up, all (600/750/1000) share that crappy busaesque look. Also Hondas new literbike is too similar to 600RR and the color schemes in Europe suck for the new Blade.

Way to go, Kawasaki.

·
Registered
534 Posts
something about the black; it's menacing!

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
I don’t get you guys! lol That 10R is one sweet-looking bike. I have never been too down with the look of the ’03 6R’s front end. It just looks too ‘out there’ for me. I always thought that Kawasaki tried to make it look a little too different and ended up going overboard. But, with this 10R, the traditional cutting-edge sport bike look is back. I think the front end of it looks killer! The headlights look stealthy and the lines flow nicely. The rotors, the wheels… Man, I would hate to have to choose between the Kawasaki, Honda and Yamaha in 2004. They are all so nice, and what a tedious decision that would end up being.

Some are complaining that the 10R doesn’t look like you hoped it would from some of the spy photos? Well, that would make it look a lot like the ’03 6R, and isn’t that why some of you are putting down Honda… because their 1000 looks too much like their ’03 600? Not that that is reason to criticize.

And Tommyboy, I wouldn’t go as far to say that the 10R will be the best liter bike in ’04 either. It’s nice to think that, but I think that Yamaha pretty much has that title wrapped up while Honda will once again lead in overall sales. I just can’t believe that you aren’t satisfied with the look.[:M70]

·
Registered
363 Posts
I just got the new cycle world and I think the zx10r looks sick! The r1 is nice but everyone will have them the new Kaw will be different from the rest of the crew on the road.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
not really hot for it eather. I have to see it in person and sit on it for a while

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
It would look sweet if the frame was silver...

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
It would look sweet if the frame was silver...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.