Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to say it Fellas but i have moved on from the old school and finally got the 06 10R Beast. I loved my ZZR600 but this new bike is a work of art. I finally realize what the rave is about fuel injection and slipper clutches. Its nice to downshift and not have your body snap forward when you release the clutch. lol. I have a Dark Smoke Double Bubble still for sale if anyone is interested. I will take 40 shipped. Just send me a PM.

·
Registered
624 Posts
You have any pictures of your windshield installed? What is the power difference between a zzr600 and a 10R... One day, I would love to upgrade. Congrats!

·
Registered
613 Posts
congrats on the 10R. That is a great bike and a lot of fun to ride! I agree, Kaw definately got that liter bike right.

·
Registered
939 Posts
did you get your 06 new? also what did you get for a trade in on your zzr? and who did you finance the bike through? how much are your pasyments if you did?
i have been wanting to get the 10r for a while now.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I paid 9699 out the door with a Puig Double Bubble installed and Rear seat cowl. Payments are 79 a month. No money down. The ZZR trade in was 5000. Sorry i actually never took any pics with it installed. Actually go to www.myspace.com/insaneilluzion and check out my pics. i think there is a action shot in there. lol Financing is through Kawasaki by the way.

·
Registered
939 Posts
she is a beauty. did kawi make you carry insurance on it? also did you have your zzr financed or payed off when you traded it in? what kind of interest rate did kawi give you?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No insurance as long as you finance under 10,000. My ZZR I still owed on through Kawasaki but paid down to 3000 before i traded. Interest rate is 7.99%

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
I like the 10r but i hate the new looks of them imo, no offence just butt ugly, my buddy got one the last year they made the style before that and i love it, looks and rides awsome. I am actually also looking to move up maybe next year to a 10r or maybe just a 636 i dont know yet, but congrats on the purchase!
Ben

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks. To each his own. I really didnt like it at first but when you see it in person and ride it, your mind will totally change. It handles to me like the 636 but the power is unbelievable. I still havent broken it in yet and let me tell you even going to 6000 rpm is a blast i can only imagine the rest of the way.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Congrats, man. I'm jealous. I've been looking at the orange one for a few weeks, now. I go up to the local bike shop here and just sit on it and dream. heh. I wasn't much for the new body style, either, but making frequent visits and molesting her while I lean her back and forth on the showroom floor, I fell in love with it. Have fun with it and let us know what happens once you open it up :)

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Originally posted by insaneilluzion
No insurance as long as you finance under 10,000. My ZZR I still owed on through Kawasaki but paid down to 3000 before i traded. Interest rate is 7.99%
]

James...Congrats on the new bike. I'm little confused about the insurance though. Kawasaki may not require insurance. But doesn't the state of Florida require at least liability insurance.

http://www.hsmv.state.fl.us/handbooks/Motorcycles/intro.html

MOTOR VEHICLE INSURANCE
Florida's mandatory Personal Injury Protection insurance does not apply to motorcycles. Street legal motorcycles with three (3) wheels and motorcycles with attached sidecars are also exempt from this compulsory insurance requirement. The voluntary purchase of motor vehicle liability insurance is recommended for your protection and the protection of other persons. Failure to carry liability insurance can result in the loss of your driver license, tag(s), and registration(s) if you are involved in a traffic accident, convicted of DUI or other occurrences as defined in the Financial Responsibility Law, Chapter 324, Florida Statutes.

·
Registered
939 Posts
no insurance on motorcycles down here! some times when you finance a bike you have to carry insurance on the bike incase its stolen or whatever so the finacie will get their money back.

but in florida you dont have to have insurance as long as your wearing a helmet.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Are you using the Kawai card? From what I understand you are not required to carry insurance on a retail credit card purchase. I will be dropping my insurance in the next three weeks as my bike will garaged for the winter. I am pretty sure a traditional bank loan(Chase Bank) would require full coverage insurance at all times even if the bike is in storage

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Originally posted by luxuryliquidator
no insurance on motorcycles down here! some times when you finance a bike you have to carry insurance on the bike incase its stolen or whatever so the finacie will get their money back.

but in florida you dont have to have insurance as long as your wearing a helmet.
Disclaimer: I'm not trying to piss anyone off with my post. This is just my opinion.

So what happens when you are involved in an accident that causes someone personal injury or property damage?? Or you get injured? There are lots of reasons that I could think of to carry insurance on a motorcycle in Florida. Firstly I believe that it is my civic duty as a citizen to have the finanical means to protect others in the event of personal injury or property damage. Not having insurance puts the finanical burden on the person that you injured or property you damaged by using there uninsured motorist insurance. Which in my opinion if there are a greater number of claims made against uninsured motorist insurance then that can also drive the rates up for those of us that have insurance. Secondly if I lived in a low lieing area in Florida that was prone to storm surges from hurricanes I would insure my bike. I know all about living in Florida. But the cheap way out of that one is to leave you pride and joy behind if evacuated and it will be covered under your homeowners insurance.:D I grew up there, lived in Miami, Tampa, Tallahassee, Pensacola, and dealt with a number hurricanes. Thirdly, Bike theft seems to be on the rise in Florida and California. Fourthly, If I was Kawasaki loaning money to people for motorcycles I would require proof of insurance to protect my assets(the motorcycle). I carry full coverage on my bike and I don't have a payment. I own it.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah I am going to wait until January when i turn 25 cause supposidly its suppose to drop. I checked for full coverage with a 1000 dollar deductible mind you i have a 727 beacon and a perfect driving record and they wanted 5654.44 for 12 months. [xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(]

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Originally posted by insaneilluzion
Yeah I am going to wait until January when i turn 25 cause supposidly its suppose to drop. I checked for full coverage with a 1000 dollar deductible mind you i have a 727 beacon and a perfect driving record and they wanted 5654.44 for 12 months. [xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(]
Get married too bro[:M68]

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.