Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im really really interested in taking my bike to willow, and taking it for a couple of laps but first i want to talk the classes. my question is how much prepwork is involved in making the bike legal for the track.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Generally you have to tape over/disconnect/remove fuses for all of you lights and blinkers. Then you have to remove or tape over your mirrors. Some track day organizers will also require you replace your coolant with water wetter. Pretty sure thats about it, check the organizations web site, they'll always post their track day requirements.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Yup. Minimum is usually brake light disconnected, good tires.

Most orgs require no antifreeze, some require taping over plastic lights.

Always check your bike yourself before going on the track. Wiggle everything, brake calipers, footpegs, seats, bars, every nut and bolt you can see, brake fluid, radiator level, brake pad thickness.

do not depend on a two minute tech inspection at the track to find a loose oil drain bolt that is hidden behind a fairing, they won't.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guy i really appreciate the info. but what i was also told was that a bunch of stuff had to be safety wired, and all kinds of stuff. yea ill check the req. and check al;l those bolts thanks guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.