Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 636 and at 9500 RPM i'm hearing this noise that is different from the rest of the engine noise. Almost like something differnt is going on in the engine, not sure if its bad or not, i know there are different things that are new in the engine that i have not really read about. Any ideas?? Thanks.
Jeff

·
Registered
222 Posts
Mine has developed what sounds like a buzzing at 9000rpm, it goes away above that, and is nonexistant before that. Of course, this COULD be my cam chain tensioner, but i doubt it would appear all of a sudden. Im at 46,000km, by the way.

·
Registered
222 Posts
clutch doesnt do it, but im 95% sure it isnt the engine. It happened so suddenly (like after i parked it onw night, the next day) so i think its just something somwhere is loose.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I've had that problem (the clutch buzz) at first, but now it's my keyhole that's buzzing.. VERY annoying.. I should install an exhaust to hide the sound lol

·
Registered
433 Posts
there are a couple of threads about this. I spoke to a kawi mech and he told me that it was an audible shift indicator. It is a buzz that comes on @9k and goes away at about 10k. I can't hear it anymore b/c of my muzzy exhaust.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.