Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im doing the same thing, i know this pain in the a$$ kid w/ a thats been talking shit, so im waiting for micron to come out w/ the serpent header and then ill let the fun begin, im going 3 teeth up in the rear and lowering it just for that race, on top of the exhaust and pcIII and what ever else i can find for a little extra hp, racing fuel or whatever.

·
Registered
997 Posts
ditch all the weight off u'r bike and i mean everthing!! u'll be surprised

·
Registered
101 Posts
ok guys, I want to beat my friends gsxr 750, I have a hindle high mount exhaust. What else do I need??? I have an o3 636 btw. I am just sick of my frined talkin about how kawa makes crappy bikes.
Ps anyone here form tx???

·
Registered
302 Posts
If you know what you're doin' you should be able to take him in the twisties with a stock '03 636. It all comes down to rider skill dude, if he is a better rider than you then he will probably beat you.

-Jack
'03 636 black

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
If you're talking in a straight line... you likely won't. You gotta understand that right out of the crate you're already giving away some 20 horsepower. It's next to impossible to gain that kind of juice outside of fitting a full race kit which will sacrifice any streetability the bike had to begin with. I ride regularly with a guy on a 750 Gixxer, and while I can ring his neck hanging with him on any kind of twisty road, in a straight line (boring) I'm just plain giving away too much bore and stroke. Period. The 636 is closer to the 750 class than any 600 has been in the straights, but it's still down 114cc. Get over it, and take advantage of what it's better at.

And if your goal is the absolute MAX power out of your 636, why did ya go with a high-mount exhaust? Fit a full Akrapovic or Arata or Sato and a PCIIIusb and get used to tucking and drafting.

As for twisty roads, the 636 gives NOTHING away to any other bike I've ridden with. It's a scalpel.

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm in Lubbock... are you ever on anythingbikes.com?? i noticed you are in Midland... you should check it out ... what color is your 6r?

------

2003 zx-6r

·
Registered
81 Posts
Forget HP, spend your money on a track school. Learn to flog the R to the limit, then worry about more power.

There's no better feeling than being the fastest rider on the slowest bike (as opposed to the slowest rider on the fastest bike)!:D

Red
AMA #439394

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.