Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took off all the stock tail stuff and got a CA intergated tail light and while puttin the seat back on after a job well done and i look down and i see the ground though my plastics where the stock turn signals where, how can i fix that problem because i dont want to put stuff under my seat and it falls though the whole thats for ur help

·
Registered
439 Posts
that space is a result of the removal of your stock blinkers and the plastic associated with them. You could try to fab something up to fill the gaps but other than that there isn't anything I know of. What do you need to put there anyway? Use jeans pockets, jacket pockets and if you really need to bring a lot of stuff a backpack. Otherwise a Goldwing might be the solution.

·
Registered
703 Posts
..........trim the bottom of the plastic filler pieces you took off and then re-install them. you will be cutting off the part to which the signal stems were attached.

·
Powerhungry
37,958 Posts
ok..try a search but....
take the stock plastic pieces u pulled off. theres a molding line, it follows the contours of the tail.
if you cut it along that line, you can put it back on, and it fills the gap, and isnt visible from outside.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks its my first bike so I am trying my best not to mess it up and also make it look and ride great that's for the help and I just want to put the paper work for the bike under there so I always have it on me a copy not the real one

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
[:+1] Tool kit is it. If you take it out, you can fit a cell and pack of smokes. Just tie them down or they'll come out!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cops love to pull bikers in FL i dont run its not worth it down here. Just want to have the papers on me even if i forget my wallet. But thanks alot for all ur help

·
Registered
121 Posts
Kind of off-topic, but don't forget to buy frame sliders too!

They might one day pay for themselves. I bought the shogun crash kit, which includes frame sliders, bar end sliders (extend farther than the stock bar ends), and swingarm sliders, all for $96 shipped. Good buy I think.

Ride safe =)

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
You guys keep your cell phone in that little space there? I'm kinda afraid of doing that because my exhaust is right underneath and it gets extremely hot after a while. I'm afraid of like my cell phone melting or something....

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
That's just another reason why I like the 2006 Gixxer 6 & 750 better than the 2005-06 636.

--David

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the advice about the frame sliders I have one set but what are the other ones u where talkin about I know where the bar ends are but where are the onthers. I love the bike and I got my helmet and gloves and my joe rocket jacket should be be here tomorow) but do inform me about other frame slider I have the one under the gas tank

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Originally posted by nevada
ok..try a search but....
take the stock plastic pieces u pulled off. theres a molding line, it follows the contours of the tail.
if you cut it along that line, you can put it back on, and it fills the gap, and isnt visible from outside.
[:+1] This is exactly what I did. Works great and cant be seen at all unless you really know what you are looking for. I really don't put anything back there anyhow as there isn't enough room for it to be usable at all except for registration and insurance papers and even then you are pushing it!! [:p]

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Falcon, actually I don't put my new phone (razr) in there, but I did my old one. Now that I think about it, I hadn't installed the integrator yet at that time. I keep my phone in my jacket pocket and smokes in the tail with the toolkit strap holding them in. I'm gonna cut my old tail pieces to close up the tail, too much gap for stuff to fall out with the integrator.

·
Powerhungry
37,958 Posts
its rumored that with a cowl, u have a slight bit more room. maybe for a hat or...
i will be finding out soon enough..as soon as my GB cowl gets here. cant wait!
oh and that molding mark, its almost like it was put there just for this reason. see even kawi thinks the shovel has got to go!

Originally posted by xtremewlr

[:+1] This is exactly what I did. Works great and cant be seen at all unless you really know what you are looking for. I really don't put anything back there anyhow as there isn't enough room for it to be usable at all except for registration and insurance papers and even then you are pushing it!! [:p]

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Hokie - I once put my cell phone and watch in the tool bag and then under the cowl. I put them in the bag cause I wasn't wearing my jacket and don't trust my pant pockets. When I got off the bike to get my phone and watch, they were both pretty hot. And that was only after a 30 minute commute to work. I just wonder what would happen if you ride for hours with shit in there. But I agree, normally my phone is in my jacket pocket.

Nevada - A lot of us with cowls have complained about locking problems. Believe it or not, I get LESS space with a cowl than without. The cowl isn't hollow - there's a metal structure inside that you use to hook it up to the bike. So you actually get less space with a cowl than without.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I like the look of the cowl for sure but I don't think I will be getting one any time soon. I use a bag that is strapped to the rear seat for storage. I have gotten so used to it that I can't imagine not having it there. And its easy to remove for riding 2 up.

·
Powerhungry
37,958 Posts
Originally posted by FightingFalcon
Hokie - I once put my cell phone and watch in the tool bag and then under the cowl. I put them in the bag cause I wasn't wearing my jacket and don't trust my pant pockets. When I got off the bike to get my phone and watch, they were both pretty hot. And that was only after a 30 minute commute to work. I just wonder what would happen if you ride for hours with shit in there. But I agree, normally my phone is in my jacket pocket.

Nevada - A lot of us with cowls have complained about locking problems. Believe it or not, I get LESS space with a cowl than without. The cowl isn't hollow - there's a metal structure inside that you use to hook it up to the bike. So you actually get less space with a cowl than without.
yep , so ive heard. but do a search. that can be cut out without sacrificing any structural integrity. and VIOLA! space!
but i dont see that there can be much LESS than with the seat.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.