Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me where to find the damn spark plugs on my 02 6R?? I pulled one of the 4 round plastic pieces that look like they would be spark plug caps. There are 4 of them located under the air filter housing. It appears there is one in front of each cylynder and they are directly above each exhaust header.

The piece is apx. 4-5 inches long and looks like it connects to a spark plug. The problem is that would leave the plugs in a hole 4-5 inches deep that I can't even see into. I can't be sure what is actually down there.

How is a guy to check, clean, regap, or replace his plugs???

·
Registered
158 Posts
I don't have a shop manual but I went and looked at www.buykawasaki.com but they do not have a good diagram that shows the spark plug holes. What I think I could tell is that they are on the front of the engine. I have not taking mine out as of yet. Sorry couldn't be more help.

It's days like this I wish I still did drugs!

·
Registered
19 Posts
just changed my plugs yesterday. not too bad. there is a 5 inch attachment in your tool kit. took me about 1 hour to do. easy shit man. while your at it you might as well clean and oil your air filter too.the bike will thank you. you will be amzed the shit you will find in your airbox too. oh cover your carbs too or you'll hate yourself if something falls in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.