1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
so he was telling the truth?? damn now its got me thinkin

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
really good prices, and like I said in that thread, if I can still order it in mid sept (when I start getting paid again) I totally will... otherwise I guess I'll just have to wait.

has anyone done any homework on this guy's quality?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I know the guy personally. He's a local here where I live. I can tell you that he has worked very hard and has gone through several design iterations to get the suits just right with all of the requirements and stitching exactly right. He's a stand up guy and its a fantastic deal. He's been doing quite a bit of promoting to the WERA crowd as well. I'm sure he is going to do quite well and that the leathers are a great buy.

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
I know the guy personally. He's a local here where I live. I can tell you that he has worked very hard and has gone through several design iterations to get the suits just right with all of the requirements and stitching exactly right. He's a stand up guy and its a fantastic deal. He's been doing quite a bit of promoting to the WERA crowd as well. I'm sure he is going to do quite well and that the leathers are a great buy.

So if I go to Kentucky, can I get a really, really custom suit made? I want something made to fit just me. I've been through two suits now and tried on tons and I'm just too weird-shaped (FLOJOE :Twofinger:) to fit a cookie-cutter suit.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi,
Im DrummerDave, also known as the owner of Spartan Leathers. :Hello:
Somebody gave me a heads up about your thread.

Just an FYI, if you want a suit, you'd better get on that group buy, cause you'll never see them that cheap again, and after the next order goes in, the suits will be going up to $475. Of course, if you want to wait, I wont complain about the extra $100. :D

In about 2 weeks, I've got a big order of suits coming in, for (mostly) guys on SVRider and WERA. There should be quite a few pics and reviews at that point, so you'll be able to see the quality of the suits, how sizing is running, and how people feel about them.

If anybody has any questions, feel free to send me an email or PM.
There is also a link to my FAQ on the main page (on the right side of the orange bar).

How do you get the measurements? I don't even see where you can put in your info on the website...

If you go to the main page: www.SpartanLeathers.com, then click on the "Sizing" tab at the top, there is a big page w/ measuring instructions and a form to enter all your measurements. There are also templates there you can download and fill in your color choices.

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
Hi,
Im DrummerDave, also known as the owner of Spartan Leathers. :Hello:
Somebody gave me a heads up about your thread.

Just an FYI, if you want a suit, you'd better get on that group buy, cause you'll never see them that cheap again, and after the next order goes in, the suits will be going up to $475. Of course, if you want to wait, I wont complain about the extra $100. :D

In about 2 weeks, I've got a big order of suits coming in, for (mostly) guys on SVRider and WERA. There should be quite a few pics and reviews at that point, so you'll be able to see the quality of the suits, how sizing is running, and how people feel about them.

If anybody has any questions, feel free to send me an email or PM.
There is also a link to my FAQ on the main page (on the right side of the orange bar).

If you go to the main page: www.SpartanLeathers.com, then click on the "Sizing" tab at the top, there is a big page w/ measuring instructions and a form to enter all your measurements. There are also templates there you can download and fill in your color choices.

Yea, I found it after I asked, lol.

What do we do if we don't like the fit of something in particular after it's custom made? Is it possible to have adjustments done?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yea, I found it after I asked, lol.

What do we do if we don't like the fit of something in particular after it's custom made? Is it possible to have adjustments done?

The suits are made overseas, so sending them back for adjustments isnt really an option. That being the case, for adjustments, you would need to send them to Barnacle Bill or other leathers repair guy/girl of your choice.

Due to the fact that I cant control the measurement process, and have no way to ensure that people measure correctly, I cant guarantee the fit.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
J fukin t!!

hey man, I din't expect to see you on for awhile. So did you drive all night or something, or are you still at your Dad's.
drove back to my dads last night after i made another fun run through the good ol' gap o' roo :D then slept in this morning & i just now got home, it was a fuckin blast riding w/ you man, next time i go out that way i'll see if you can make it out & get a hotel room instead of all the driving :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.