Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one slightly worried that Kawasaki still hasn't given out there power to weight ratio specs? I'm pretty much for sure getting one, but it concerns me that the bike is offically finished (According to cycleworld, and kawasaki's website) and they still havent realsed the figures of horsepower and claimed dry weight?

This bother anyone else?

·
Registered
190 Posts
It bothers me, this thing looks killer but so does the 04' R1 with a .47 hp to weight ratio. I was looking for like 360lbs with 180 hp outta the ZX-10r to get .5 hp to weight ratio but if it doesnt meet those I'm not getitng one especially since you can buy a new zx-12r for 300 bucks more and with a black box on it you can hit over 200+ mph. This bike better be worth the $10,700 price tag on it or I might have to leave Kawi for good seeing how the 6rr isnt living up to its hype about being a fast bike on the track. Honda always was good to me so I tihnk I might be swithcing to them if this 10r isnt good enough or mabey I'll get a zx-9r and put muzzys big bore kit on it and make my own 1000. Kawi rocks and I wouldnt like ot give up on them so I hope they release some specs soon on it or I might get ancy and buy a 9r.

·
Registered
64 Posts
there is nothing to worry about, Kawasaki is claiming the best power to weight ratio in the class.

Yamaha has not OFFICIALLY released any hp/weight figures, I know about the 180 it's not official Yamaha and neither has Honda.

Kawasaki is gonig to wait and see what the others come in at then slightly change one aluminium part for a magnesium one and voila best power to weight ratio.

Nothing to worry about...only about keeping alive while riding one of these new liter bikes....

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Originally posted by Human

Yamaha has not OFFICIALLY released any hp/weight figures, I know about the 180 it's not official
I think that it is:
http://www.yamaha-motor-europe.com/page.cfm?pageID=100037

99zx6r: Do you really choose the bike by horsepower claims, by choosing the one that has the biggest claim? Huh... A few ponies here and there, who gives a sh*t :). I would choose the one (of the four litre japs), that makes my heart beat the most. They will all have enough power.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I went to a Kawasaki Dealer update earlier this week. The Kaw rep said that they haven't given out hard numbers yet because they are still changing stuff around. They said they wanted to be the top dog in the class, so they've kinda waited to see what the other guys have done with their stuff. He said that it should have around 174 crank horse, and 365lb range. The Yamaha horse power numbers are in the 180s, but that is horse power with the ram effect. If they didn't use that it would be about 171-172hp. He talked for about an hour about the motor. The internal generator was designed for a number of reasons, but the biggest advantage is that it creates a lower center of gravity and gyro effect that helps it stick to the ground better during cornering. It runs twice the engine speed. He said at red line the generator is spinning at 34,000rpms. That means this damn thing red lines at 17,000. I believe it when I see the tack. He also talked about the "exup" type valve in the exhaust pipe. The only purpose for this thing is so the stock exhaust could pass the noise test. They only measure decibels up to 6,000 rpm. Guess what!? It opens up at 6,000. I could go on for ever about this damn thing but i'm getting tired of typing. Bottom line- It is fast!

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Bad news at local dealer today. They said they got a confirmation on getting 10r in February. And I was hoping for next month.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Two or three weeks ago the dealer said don't worry it will be here in December, now February. What gives? Is Kawasaki giving them false info. or what? I don't understand it. I would think it was too late to change anything now, so why wait?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Alot has to do with scheduling at the factory. What other models are scheduled for production. If somethings changes, it takes more time to get things switched around, parts ordered. Don't worry, it will make it hear.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by melloyello
Two or three weeks ago the dealer said don't worry it will be here in December, now February. What gives? Is Kawasaki giving them false info. or what? I don't understand it. I would think it was too late to change anything now, so why wait?
Kawasaki is probably giving them no information or rough estimates. It's a dealers duty to get you to put money down on one and as soon as possible. I know three people on a different forum that put down like 2k non-refundable bucks on the bike being told january. Now they are being told possibly late feb. Honestly I don't believe they know for sure, only rough estimates. But I do think they will tell you anything in order to get you putting down your cash. :)

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
The dealers never seem to have the brand new bike until into the new year, Feb at the earliest. The mags usually don't even have their sneak peeks till Janauary or so. Sometimes December, but that not for the public.

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
So it says 172HP(SAE HP) without ram air, 181 (SAE HP) with ram air
Thats 175 and 184HP in PS/DIN HP.

-Peak power is at almost 12,000rpm, fairly high for a 1000.
-120/70 and 190/50 tires..
-Same seat height at the 03 6R
-9 kilos heavier dry (probobly more pronounced difference when wet)

Assuming this site is correct..

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by GreenEnvy

Hrm.. Sounds damn good.. If it's true.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by GreenEnvy

Whats the weight in pounds?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Looks like it will be 5 lbs lighter than the R1 and make 4 more HP with ram air. So far, if the specs are correct, they have the best weight / HP ratio. We will see where the 1000RR comes in, but that thing looks heavy as shit like its little brother the 600RR.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.