Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased said item off of ebay for my 99 ZX-6R, and put it on. In case you were wondering, it was damaged and removed before I bought the bike. Anyway, is there anything special I need to do when putting this on? I installed it the other day, but speedo still doesn't work. Any suggestions? If I can't figure it out, I'm taking it to the shop.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Could be a bad speedo sensor or maybe there's a cut somewhere along the wire harness itself. Trace the wires from start to finish and see what you come up with. A test light usually helps too.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You got it, bro. You'll have to be the guide...I hear there are better roads in KY. I have pretty much the whole weekend open for riding, so let me know what works for you. Later...

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Sunday is usually the "official" riding day. We do have some badass roads over here, and there are some in Boone County that will test your skills. This weekend may be the last one that I still have the 6r........

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Really? I certainly hope you won't be without ANY bike? My skills, however limited they may be, are looking forward to the ride.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
WITHOUT A BIKE? ARE YOU INSANE!?!
Just playin;) Actually, I am taking delivery on my newest toy, and I'll probably try to sell the 6r and maybe get a newer one next year. Here's my next bike........

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, damn nice bike! That does say 929, right? That's a whole lotta bike, too! I don't see much need for a newer 6R having that beast, unless you go for the ZX-10R? That's what I want badly!!!

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Yeah, it's a 929:D I know it's not a Kawi, but I just can't wait for the 10r to come out. Plus, I got a sweet deal on this one. It's an 01 model, has 4,000 miles, is bone stock (so I can do my own mods) and I got it for $6,000.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That is a pretty nice price...so you selling your ZX-6R? If so, I might know someone interested.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Actually, yeah, I am selling it. I was planning on getting rid of it this winter anyway, the 929 just sped things along. I put it in the cycle trader for $3500, but I have a few buddies saying they want to buy it. You know how that goes. "Hey man, hang onto that for me, I'll buy it when I get some cash". Then you never hear from them about it again. If you know someone interested, bring them along on Sunday, or you can just tell them about it when you see it. It's a pretty nice bike for a 1996, and it pulls hard.

Speaking of Sunday, let's get rolling about 11:00 a.m. Unless you want to go earlier or later. Let me know where you want to meet too.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like the Shell is the meeting spot, according to the Localriders.com post. See ya there!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.