Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Speeding Ticket

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Speedvlaze 
#1 ·
Was a nice day in Richmond Va yesterday. Decided to go out for a spin. Got caught on Interstate 95, 78 in a 60.
What sucks was that he told me that he had been following a little beind me for 4 miles and that i was doing fine. Well i speed up to get over in the right hand lane and he gets me. There were people passing me but he decides to seek me out. Those 4 miles that i was under the speed limit CARS were passing me. He was just waiting for me to mess up. I have been stopped before and he was such an asshole. I was polite said yes sir and no sir. When i tried to explain he told me to shut my mouth.
This guy had it out for bikers.
His last comments were not be safe or slow down, but you guys on bikes need to start slowing down.
I guess if i was in my car speeding yesterday i would have been fine.

#2 ·
That's the reason I hate cops. Cops are more than happy to pick people off for going a little too fast, even when it is needed in the situation. Just once I wanna see some granny get pulled over and told to shut her mouth while a cop gives her a ticket for trying to get on the freeway at 45mph.

#3 ·
That sucks. At least it's not that extreme. Bet you'll always look behind you from now on.
I remember me and my buddies went out riding one time and there was a cop following us, I told all my friends through the radio and told them to take it easy and not to look back.

So we rode for god knows how long with this jerk behind us then I told all of us to look behind us at the same time and we all started at him for a split second. Wouldn't you know it as soon as we turned back to look at the road he pulled us over. Just routine he said, we all played nice and he left with a "I can give bullshit tickets if I wanted" rundown speech.

Funny thing is, I think he was just following us to see if we did anything bad and waited for the moment, but as soon as he saw us looking at him his cover was blown and decided to try and make it worse on us.

#4 ·
Speaking of old people. The only reason I hate them driving is because they get away with everything! Passing through reds, stop signs, speeding, and freaking parking. I hate this bullshit, if you're too old to see the speed limit, the stop sign or have something that doesn't let you park properly then you shouldn't be driving.

#5 ·
the thing that pisses me off is how some of you guys try to explain stuff to cops and they tell you to shut up....wtf?! if a cop told me to shut up i'd flip out...screw them, i got right to speech, so stick it up your ass!

#6 ·
I used to think the same way as you. One time it happened to me so I told them not to use that kind of language with me as it is in appropriate, then he said, oh now you're being a nice guy and then said I was being a smart ass with him.

So I said "you have no point in pulling me over, it's bullshit" and he said that he has every right to, these are HIS roads and he is there to protect them. He can simply pull me over to see if my helmet it DOT approved and then we got into this little debate about my helmet. It is DOT approved but I took the sticker off of it and he gonna write me up a ticket for that.

Needless to say I got 3 bullshit tickets and I never faught them because the guy lied out of his ass and because I never made it in time to go to the court office and say I want to fight them. They close at 4PM and during that 20 day period I never had one single free day to go there and file for it. Fucking bullshit. No wonder they don't let you make calls or let you mail them in anymore.

So take it from me, keep your mouth shut. Oh and ever since that day cops have been bugging me a lot more now. I don't if they can leave notes on there or whatever. I do know that the system they use allows them to type stuff in and it shows even when you've been pulled over just for random stuff.

#11 ·
We have our share of local deamons here too. The local cops are usually rookies working their way up the ladder, or trying to atleast. Basically, the new hasn't worn off yet. The highway patrol officers are those that will be around for awhile.

In my experience with officers:
Local cops = rude and very pushy (ie., they won't listen to you at all)
Highway patrol = ask you back to their car for a "chat"

I once received a warning from an OHP for doing 74 in a 65. We talked about motorcycles in his car for about 20min. Right there on the side of a major 4 lane highway with his lights blaring. lol.

Same thing again, but with a local cop. I was doing 17 over (yeah.. i deserved the ticket). The guy was extremely rude. Even after I got out of his car, he rolled down his window and yelled at me. He claimed that I slammed his door. This accusation is, of course, not completely true. If he ever pulls me over again, I'll slam that door so hard that it will fall off. :D Teach him to yell at me. lol.

Both of these encounters happened on my lil EX250. Gotta love radar detectors in your vehicle.

#12 ·
I think my little city has the most amount of crooked cops though. I'm serious.
Here's a wonderful example of how crooked they are.
1. They FLY down the highway in their unmarked cars even endangering everyone else without lights/sirens on.
2. They force themselves into traffic when it's heavy congestion.
3. And the most recent happening. They go in their POLICE UNMARKED cars and STEAL lawn ornaments, such as Christmas shit from people's lawns. Over $5,000.00 was stolen in various neighborhoods from the same cop, some guy got the plate, and got the guy on tape. However, since he had a mask on and since the check out of the vehicle was 'lost' no cop was charged with the bullshit.

And in Toronto I think it was some guy was going to a bar and faught someone and kicked their ass and his buddy's asses pretty good. Anyway, cops came and shit and they took him out. 1 cop beat the shit out of the guy and made him break his tooth on the ground, and then when he went to charge the cops the cop said he broke his tooth from the bar fight and then to top it off he got 3 cops (I think 3, maybe 2?) to testify along with the cop.

Needless to say the bar fighting guy got lucky and someone was downtown video taping and they taped the guy getting his ass kicked by that cop, and he even walked up and video taped the guys tooth on the ground and the blood from the cop beating. I didn't follow up on it since it's out of town news but that's an example for you...

I hate cops in my area. I hate them BIG time.
Oh and most of all. These older guys meet up in the summer time in their big V8 and Carbeurated (spl?) machines (none of which are street legal) and freaking drag race down a public street but never get hasseled, but as soon as the younger guys in the lawn mower engine cars meet up they get tickets up the ass for the stupidest shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.