Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have trouble seeing the rev counter numbers on the speedo at night when the yellowish street lights shine down on the bike at night whilst riding?

[?];)

·
Registered
308 Posts
I go off the sound of the engine too. Only when I'm accelerating really hard do I look down, or just look for the shift light in my peripheral vision.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do the same, what I mean is, you spend all that cash on a bike and the "TRICK" speedo does'nt work properly, I know someone who has changed the LEDS which light up the clocks with GREEN ones and that gets rid of the problem.
Every now and then you may need to look at the speedo/rev counter and it is distracting trying to see the numbers on the rev dial clearly, so you therefore look longer which in turn keeps your eyes off the road for longer which IMO is dangerous.;)

·
Registered
401 Posts
i just listen to the bike, look down sometimes to make sure i'm at the right spot before i wheelie

·
Registered
422 Posts
I personally don't have a problem with it. Sometimes it's a pain but it's not that big of a deal. It's like anything...just takes time to get used to.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I agree with NaughtyNinja - its not ideal but I rarely look at the tach anyway. The digital speedo is plenty visible so that lets me know what I need to know.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I've never heard of it being difficult to read at night... thought most people found it more difficult in DAYlight...

Maybe because I'm 6'1", but I have no trouble reading the tach in any light, possibly because I look more downward on it. I added a ZG DB tinted screen and now it's even easier to read in the daytime.

·
Registered
41 Posts
i have a 95 zx6r.....where can i get the led bulbs to change the color of my speedo/tach? and whats the bulb #?

thanks, jason

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.