Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To those who have installed the "splice in" speedo healer, about how long did it take? I looked at the instructions on their site for the 05/06 zx6r and it doesnt look too bad. Are there any things I should look out for while doing this installation? Are there any better places to mount it than others? I just ordered mine so any feedback would be much appreciated. Pics of placement would be even better.:D Thanks.

·
Registered
703 Posts
....not difficult at all. follow the zx6 tutorial off the web site. give yourself a coulple of hours. do not rush it. soldering in the location needed is a bit of a PITA. make sure you tin the wires before you attempt the solder splices, that always makes the joining much easier.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that what I figured. Most tutorials say to prop up the tank, is it that much harder to just take it off to get out of the way?

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
i propped up my tank with a wood stick, and i went a step further and bought some 3 wire connectors and made my own harness..
So i can remove the speedohealer if i choose to or it breaks..

They sell an ok kit at radio shack...plastic 3 wire connectors and a the metal pins to solder onto the wires...mine works like a champ and is removable, wish it cam that way from them but, oh well...
And yeah the top speed recall is kinda cool, wish i got the remote mount version...pain in the ass to check it with a complete solo tail unit.
yeah also put somehting on the frame and other areas so as not to get solder on anything, i sed cardboard and some tape.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just ordered mine from Cal-SportBike, $99.99 with the extended speed recall button (so you dont have to go searching under the rear plastic to find it :D. They have the same price as anywhere else, just sucks that they dont have a plug and play design for our year of bike. Whatever, just gotta get the old soldering iron out now...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.