Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have -1 front too. What I got from comparing with my bros bike with speed healer was:

Stock error=6.07%
-1 Tooth error=6.67%
Total error = 12.74%

I'm still trying to decide whether to get a healer or not. I'm skeptical over the install because you need to splice wires.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have an 03 6r with a worn out pilot power and -1 in the front, I did the mile marker/odometer calculation and figured that the odometer read ~10.75% high so I adjusted the yellow box to account for that, then recently I got a GPS out and when the (recalibrated to read 10.75% lower) speedo read 165 hitting the limiter in 6th gear, the GPS was saying 152.0 with a pretty much worn out tire, so maybe it would hit 153 with a good tire. Overall I figured that the actual SPEEDO error is ~18.5% with -1

I was running with a stock CBR600RR and pulled on him from 2nd gear all the way to the limiter in 6th (probably 3 or 4 car lengths at the furthest point), he passed me a few seconds later because his bike tops out around 160-162

·
Registered
264 Posts
I've never had a problem passing police going 15mph over speed limit. I agree that it's probably approx 10mph off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.