Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i just took my bike to destin florida. it was 266 miles from my house. i had a problem after i filled up my gas tank at a shell station. when i was on the interstate, the speed on the speedo kept jumping around. i was cruising at about 70mph, but my speedo kept jumping to 97, 86, 35, etc..... i just installed a power commander on my bike, so i didn't know if that could have been the problem or not. anyone else had the speedo problem or any solutions to fixing it??? it only happened once in a while during the whole trip. other times the speedo was reading correctly. thanks for any help.

·
Registered
317 Posts
What kind of bike.. Perhaps when u installed power commander u may not have connected a wire correctly.. Check the firm ware, Did u disconnect the battery when installing if not do that anyways. Dont work call power commander

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What kind of bike.. Perhaps when u installed power commander u may not have connected a wire correctly.. Check the firm ware, Did u disconnect the battery when installing if not do that anyways. Dont work call power commander
2003 zx6r 636. i was sure the power commander was hooked up correctly. it was all working fine when i first installed it 3 weeks ago. the problem just occurred. there were only 2 throttle body wires to connect too, and im sure i followed the directions correctly. yes, the battery was disconnected. again, not sure if it was because of the power commander or not.

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
check the speed sensor, in the front sprocket cover.
+1

After you check that, follow the wire(s) from the sprocket cover all the way up. Maybe they are frayed or got burnt......

--David

1 - 6 of 6 Posts