Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got done counting the teeth on the front and rear sprockets of my 06 636. 14 front and 45 back. that's -1/+2, right? well, i've done the online calculation several times and i'm still getting -15.5%. the problem is i'm going about 20mph over what the speedometer is reading. anybody got any suggestions as to what to do next?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx, that sounds simple enough. i hope it works! :D

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what sprocket sizes are you runnin' and what % did you plug in to the box?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i think i found the solution to my problem last night. i drained my battery down twice trying to get the right % plugged in :mad:

anyway, i should've used the calculation i got from the equation they they sent with the instructions instead of using the online calculator. after plugging the -15.8% i got from the equation i was less than 2 mph off at 70 mph. that's close enough for me. the gps was reading 68.4 mph when my speedo was at 70.

now i need to learn how to set the toggle switch :D i can create another setting that keeps the mileage very low while i'm riding. i've got the button mounted on my triple tree. this v4 is pretty cool once you get the hang of it :cool:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i zip tied it to the clutch cable underneath the triple.

i was even more excited about mounting the garage door opener with velcro strips :D no more scratches on the triple and no more fumbling around in the back pack!

might as well show of my tank pad while i'm at it...

do you guys think zip ties will hold the tag on? that's how the prev. owner had his mounted.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
just trying to get the mileage back down after 3K miles of -1/+2 gearing.

besides, i'm too damn lazy to fool with it anymore :rolleyes: i haven't touched it since i got the speedo to read correctly :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.