Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just a quick question for those of you who have a Speedohealer installed...

According to the manual, the blue wire is supposed to have a male connector prong attached to it, and the white wire is supposed to have a female prong, then you insert them into the white connectors, plug them in, and you're done.

My problem is that I think they messed up the wiring, my blue wire has a female prong so I can't put it into the proper plug, the white wire is also backwards.

Has this happened to anyone else? Can anyone confirm that the blue wire is supposed to be male (and should be going to the male connector?)

Thanks guys!

Todd

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, contacted the company and they told me that the blue wire is supposed to go into the bigger plug, so yeah, the company messed up the wiring harness.

So, if any of you have problems with the Speedohealer not working, it could be because they didn't put the right connections on it.

However, I will say this, they immediately apologized and offered to ship me a new harness directly. Excellent customer service.

Since I'm leaving town this weekend for a long time however, I decided to take apart the harness I had and with my soldering gun, was able to make the correct connections. Works perfectly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.