Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2007 ZX-6R

Anyone have problems when going WOT with the speedometer reading extremely high speeds? E.g. going WOT at 100 - 130 mph and the numbers run quickly up to 190 mph? That's when I noticed it first, but it also happens at lower speeds. I will try to capture it on video.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
What gear are you in when this is happening? It can't be the rear tire breaking free unless its in 6th gear and your in a puddle.
Is it shooting up to 190 and staying or just launching up for a second?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
5th gear at 100+. It will do it in the lower gears also. It happens when I got WOT right away. I think I will just have to make a video. The tach is showing constant acceleration but the speedometer is screwed up during that brief period.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I haven't noticed it but if I'm WFO i aint looking at the speedo!

·
Registered
20 Posts
it's because you've hit LUDICRIS SPEED!!!!!! I'll have to check it out on mine tomorrow morning on the way to work and get back to you to let you know if mine does it too.

·
Registered
387 Posts
2007 ZX-6R

Anyone have problems when going WOT with the speedometer reading extremely high speeds? E.g. going WOT at 100 - 130 mph and the numbers run quickly up to 190 mph? That's when I noticed it first, but it also happens at lower speeds. I will try to capture it on video.
Sounds like something is not right on your bike.
Connectors, speed sensor near the front sprocket, etc...

That is not normal.

Yeah, the speedo on pretty much all the imports (few exceptions) is of about 10%. The faster you go, the more off they will be in MPH.

I have taken my bike up to 175 indicated, out of steam at that point.
(about 2,500ft+ elevation).

Have you done any modifications on the bike that might be related ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.