Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know why he got banned? Also does anyone know his email screen name or his email address? If so let me know, thanks

·
Registered
879 Posts
It's a shame. Speedracer was a great contributor to this site with his knowledge. Too bad him and the board owners couldn't come to a amicable conclusion.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It is a shame. But for whatever the reason, rules are rules.

I guess I won't be posting the end results from the harness I just got. Well, at least not here... ;) If anybody is interested in contacting him feel free to PM me. I'll pass along his new cruising grounds and name.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I've still got Adam's E mail address if any one needs to get in contact with him,PM me.His Ebay user name is auto-medic if your looking for one of his kits.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Originally posted by awiner
It's a shame. Speedracer was a great contributor to this site with his knowledge. Too bad him and the board owners couldn't come to a amicable conclusion.
I don't know the situation on this one, but I've been around here for quite a while. The owners and mods are usually very forgiving, and will delete posts long before they toss out a ban. I'm sure if he got banned, it was for a good reason.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Originally posted by speedinticket

I don't know the situation on this one, but I've been around here for quite a while. The owners and mods are usually very forgiving, and will delete posts long before they toss out a ban. I'm sure if he got banned, it was for a good reason.
yah not really....

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Same here, I like this site but the mos can be very unfogiving on some things and to some extremes can go a little overboard with their actions sometimes. T

this is a website, a place for people of the same likes to converge and talk about something we love. I know site cost money to run and they pay the bills and call the shots but being super critical over everything (people posting links to manuals, selling things, and post over the same topics, and so on) can get a little over the top sometimes.

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
I think the mods on this site do a very good job of keeping things on topic, removing things that don't, and when someone needs to be banned.

In this case, speedracer was warned about selling these kits. The rules on the forum are the same for everyone, unless you are a site sponsor, you can't make money off the site. Speedracer sells these kits on ebay, and here. He makes a profit from it, and since he was not a board sponsor, this violates the rules.

The reason for this is that the site costs a lot of money to keep going, server space, bandwidth, registration, etc.. all ad up. So if someone is running a business on this site, the site expects that business to help the operating costs of the site. if they don't want to, then they can't advertise here.

As for locking this thread, we don't lock threads just because someone is complaining about the forum, we just ask it's in the correct place (Site help and announcements).

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
can we vote him back and give him another chance?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.