Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking on e-bay and there is a whole lot of cheap leather jackets and suit being sold by lockhart phillips. Does anyone own spidi and how are they?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Not bad, I used to have the Parsek jacket. I replaced it with a Dainese, which is a lot better IMO. The spidi has not as good armor, thinner leather, and just the quality was not quite up to the dainese. But Dainese are pretty much the best in that category. Spidi's damn good, don't get me wrong. I'd buy theye stuff before JR, Teknic, etc, but I don't think they're the very best either. But they're a heck of a lot cheaper than dainese, so probably some of the best bang for your buck is with them, especially on ebay.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I agree with grunt, Dainese is sweet, i have the Shard leather jacket, and Keep leather pants, they are awsome. If you ride much, get some good gear whats a couple hundred extra bucks if you happen to crash and good gear saves ya some injuries...... JMO

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got my Spidi RS Jacket Today. I paid $130.00(retail $549.00) plus $12.00 for shipping. And man this is the best jacket that I have ever seen and I have seen many the leather its leather is very supple kind of like Taichi leathers. The quality is 1st rate. It has a speed hump on the back that is very small and looks pretty trick. The Armor in it is ce certified and you really cant tell its there when you wear the jacket due to some very soft padding sewn in the jacket in front of the pads. Most jackets don't have this padding and the pads rub on your skin making it un-comfortable to wear. The colors also look alot better than they do on their web site. If your looking for leathers Lockhart Phillips is the ones selling them for about 70% percent of their retail prices. Here are some pics.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.