Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I have my bike apart, I've been looking at the wiring. I was wondering if I could splice the signal wires into my taillight wires, thus creating a intergrator? Has anyone tried this, will it work?

·
Registered
876 Posts
don't know how the trailer kit works but I used pc relays from radio shack and they work great. also they keep the lights bright unlike the kits on ebay that seem to dim the lights. all you need is 2 double pole pc relays ($5 each) and a small circuit board (to keep it neat) total cost $13.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
trailer works just like the integrater kit works going from car to trailer making the bike itself the car and the tail lights the trailer and you got yourself a integrater kit except much cheaper... and i never found my lights any dimmer than what it was before.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The trailer kits that I've seen are cheap. They dim your brake lights, so when you hit the turn signals they are then at full brightness. I'm guessing its just 2 resistors and diodes to keep the brakes from bleeding into the turn signals. I tested it on my workbench- mine DEFINITELY dims the brake lights significantly.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Originally posted by GreenGoblin
^one side would be dark like its braking and the other is blinking.
I'm not sure about you guys, but I want my brake lights as far from "dark" as possible. If you meant one side is solid, well then I'm guess I have a bad trailer unit. So the brake light and the turn signals are the same brightness?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
in your tail light there are two bulbs each bulb has two filaments in them one filament for the runnning light and the other filament for the brighter brake light. the trailer unit will allow the bulbs to work as seperate blinkers (left/right). say your turning left, you put your left blinker on, the left bulb will blink. meanwhile your right bulb is on at the running light brightness. when you hit the brakes the right blub will light up like your braking. same applies for turning right.

i hope i explained that enough transamjosh. so yes you will be able to see it, and they will be the same brightness.

·
Registered
118 Posts
That's exactly what I want. There must be two kinds of trailer kits out there. Mine is 2 resistors and 4 diodes (I opened it once I realized it was junk). It just dims the brake lights so the turn signals are brighter.

Do you guys mind posting what ones you bought?

·
Registered
876 Posts
none of that is an issue with the relays. the relays open both circuits (running and brake) completely each time its power by the turn signal. so they turn completely off when off and are full power when theyre supposed to be

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Bass could you post a pic (given its easyily accessable)...I know how much you like posting pics.

heres my problem I dont have any idea what I'm looking at wal mart had like a massive wall of plugs and shit. even if its a pic off a web site I dont care I need something to go by.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
k ill take one a little later its basically a box with wires coming from both ends of it one going to the car (bike) and the other end going to the trailer (tail lights)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.