Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not much traffic here, and im bored :D

I finally made it on some real twisties this Friday. Went with some friends to "the loop" near Dahlonega, GA. Previously I had only hit local roads that were littered with driveways and tractors, with the exception of Burnt Mtn, which is a little fast for my liking.

Hwy 129, GA 180, GA 60, and GA 348 were the main attractions, despite the local news doing a story on sport bikes in these mountains the week before. The turns up there are amazing. My favorite was 348, or Richard Russel Parkway. The turns were almost identical to each other, consistent turns one after another.

There was a good bit of traffic, mostly bikes, and a few bicycles here and there, so I was trying to take it slow, but it was too tempting to not lean the Z over as far as I ever had. I was running with a R6 and a ZZR600, for the most part. it didn't take long before my chicken strips were gone, and near the end of the day i scraped my left footpeg around a corner. i wasn't expecting it, but it brought the biggest smile to my face.

we couldn't have asked for a better day to ride, and my bike performed perfectly. i am still looking forward to upgrading the suspension, but i am very happy with how it felt. current bike stats:

7600 miles (bought new june 30th)
pretty much stock, besides blinks/mirrs/sliders
Continental Road Attacks(190 rear)

one thing i noticed is the rear tends to move around a bit, i am guessing the heavier shock will help, but it doesn't seem to break away. in one turn i gave it too much gas on exit, and the rear slid out, i let off a tad and it straightened right up. the tires heat up quick, but they get hotter (to touch) than my friends Pilot powers at the same pace on same roads

also i think the handle bars make it harder to get to full lean when compared to clipons, but this is something i think technique will over rule with time and practice.

one more thing, the gearing seems off. i was trying to stay in 3rd gear to keep the revs somewhat reasonable, but coming out of turns i was needing more power(revs), which forced me to downshift alot going into the turns. i think i will go -1/+2, hopefully that will allow me to stay in 3rd, and not fall off the power band totally.

anyways, i love this bike, and I can't wait to get to the track, allright, back to being bored :D

·
Registered
330 Posts
I went with the Piot Roads and the bike feels great in the hard twisties I have yosh slip-ons and a PCIII and I find the frount wheel getting light out of some corners. in fact it I have pulled it up a time are two [:p] I wish I had some more Z to ride with I know they sold a few at the same shop i bought mine at but I never see any of them around town I did this Bikers for Kids over 2,500 bikes and I was the only Z1000. I know a guy that has a Z750s but its not a Z1k I have 9,7++ miles on my Z1k but see broke down on me on Friday blowing the main fuse :( so I have to ride my ZL900 for a few days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.