Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Sporadic check engine light on z800

4K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  KawasakiBrad 
#1 ·
I recently got a z800 and lately noticed that the check engine light comes on sporadically while on the move. Once it appears and if the RPM goes beyond 4500, it goes off and comes back again once the RPM drops below 4500. If i turn off the bike for a few mins and starts the bike again the light disappears and won't come on for some time. And it starts again after another 20-25 kms. This has been a pattern for the last few weeks. There's absolutely no error codes registered anywhere and no changes in the way the bike behaves. It runs absolutely fine. Has anyone noticed such a behavior. This is making me go mad!!! Any pointers will be appreciated.

#5 ·
Never experienced this on the Z800 exactly but the 2011 - 2015 ZX10's were known for this.

Crappy battery, old battery, battery nearing the end of it's life seem to be the culprits. Just that little drop in voltage makes the ECU think something else is going on.

Still, I'd like to hear if the OP solved the problem or not and if so what the solution was.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.