Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered some sport bars and went to put them on today, is there something I'm doing wrong because my steel brake lines wouldn't curve enough to clear the gauge cluster.
Do I need to loosen them and then re-bleed the brakes?
I watched a video and the guy on Youtube said the bars should be different yet mine are identical.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
It is possible that certain handlebars are not fully compatible but most times it takes a bit of extra effort and rerouting. In any case, if you're not 100% about the result go to your mechanic because it is a matter of safety!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Two things. You may need new lines with a different angle on the banjo fitting(worse case) or you may just need to rotate the line a little at the banjo fitting(best case).

You can loosen the banjo bolt just enough to move it without loosing much if any brake fluid. If the brakes are spongy afterward, you may need to bleed them if some air got in by chance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are Core stainless lines if that matters. Looking at them from the front one is facing about 5 o'clock and the other is facing about 8 o'clock position.Does anyone have pictures of their sport bars and the how the brake lines are routed? Glad to see I can loosen them without losing a bunch of fluid, just not looking forward to bleeding them again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts