Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

· Registered
2,769 Posts
sport bars are lame in my opinion, i understand if you have clip-ons, but even if i had clip-ons i'd adjust them so they stick out at 4o'clock and 8o'clock, like the stock ninja bars.

clips-ons/sport bars are not designed for comfort, and unless im doing track-type events i'd rather not sacrifice the comfort for a certain look, when the ninja650 isn't slacking in the looks department

to each his own, and let me know how they ride

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sport bars are lame in my opinion, i understand if you have clip-ons, but even if i had clip-ons i'd adjust them so they stick out at 4o'clock and 8o'clock, like the stock ninja bars.

clips-ons/sport bars are not designed for comfort, and unless im doing track-type events i'd rather not sacrifice the comfort for a certain look, when the ninja650 isn't slacking in the looks department

Lame is looking like your riding a dirt bike instead of a sport bike

· Registered
143 Posts
So what's new in version 3 of the sport bars?

· Registered
225 Posts

lower bars are not uncomfortable. I can do 500 mile days with my SM bars and not be sore. the handling improvement is pretty impressive though.

· Registered
101 Posts
Not trying to thread jack but I just got mine in one tuesday and had a chance to install them today. Pretty sweet. took me a little while since I did it by myself but It worked out well. Not uncomfortable riding just make sure you adjust your levers properly cus it can put a strain on your hands and wrist. Also have wd-40 and/or hairspray for sliding off grip from throttle tube and reinstalling. I put on new grips and bar ends and used mom's hairspray. Hope you like um as much as I do once you get them on.

· Registered
1,008 Posts
. Also have wd-40 and/or hairspray for sliding off grip from throttle tube and reinstalling. I put on new grips and bar ends and used mom's hairspray. Hope you like um as much as I do once you get them on.
It's really easy and a lot less messy to use a can of compressed air (like for cleaning your computer keyboard) or an air compressor to remove the grips. Slide the nozzle in under the grip, pinch off that side to keep the air in, shoot in some air, and then pull off the grips. I've found that using hairspray to secure grips will only work for a while, and then it will start to slip on the throttle and you will lose throttle response. Grip glue or grip lock works well, just be careful because it can get messy if youre not careful.

· Registered
21 Posts
Got My ER-6N last year but just this week alone i decided to dump a crap load of cash on stuff. Just ordered the Sport Bars yesterday and I called and talked to Brett at Ninja650 shop and he told me the bars were out of stock but should be arriving this week so it will ship out and get to me about a week after... meh.. so i'll prolly get it next week I guess. Oh well. At lease my Yoshi TRC will arrive this friday..... Hope..

Well two more "Bike Night"s until i have a noise making sport barring lawn mower.

gaaawwd i hate waiting!!!!:cussing:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.