Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to get a jack that will lift a sport bike? Many places sell jacks specifically for cruisers, these don't look like they will work on a sportbike. I plan to install an Ohlins rear shock and need to lift the bike by the frame.

The service manual lists a model 57001-1238 jack. That one looks like it would be worth getting. Anyone know how to get one of these.

I've done a lot of web searches and haven't found anything.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
sears sells a jack for bikes. comes with straps an deverything needed. they cost about $70. you can get some front/rear stands, too.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I use a couple of cheap bottle jacks. With the bike on a rear stand and the jacks under the front of the engine you can remove the front wheel and forks. With the jacks under the rear of the engine you can remove the swing arm or shock.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
I dont see how the sears hack would work....unless you strap it donw reall;y tight and rest all the bikes weight on the headers which doesn't seem like a good idea to me....

am I wrong?

I just rigged up a pully system from my ceiling in the garage that I can use in conjuction with bottle jacks/bike stands that allow me to work on the front or rear suspension...

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
yes you are wrong. the jack doesnt hold it up from the headers only, just part of it. it places some of its weight on the oil pan also. doesnt have to be on too tight either, just with some pressure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.