Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or do Harley rallies seema lot more fun than sportbike rallies. I've never been to a Harley event but all of the pictures that I've seen of them is half naked women flashing their tits or having wet t shirt contest and folks partying. All of the sportbike events I have been too is just a bunch of dudes standing around posing with their bikes.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
not only are harley rallies more fun but there aren't as many idiots doing squit shit wheelies and burnouts causing the police to come and break it all up. not to mention the fact that they usually have pretty good BBQ's at harley events :)

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
thats because they are all too drunk to ride.
+1 kinda, to drunk to ride, but ride anyway. harley shows are more fun if you know what the deal is. sport bike shows are mostly full of posers lol

·
Ninja Bike Forum Mod
22,254 Posts
Funny time for this post. The 105th Harley Anniversary party/rally is going on this weekend. You can't spit without hitting an HD since yesterday afternoon. One of the local dealerships shares a parking lot with one of the local gentlemen's establishments. Needless to say there are nightly wet t-shirt contests, topless oil wrestling, etc, etc. It is kinda cool to see the lengths to which people go to make the pilgrimage here. Yesterday I saw a group from Colorado and one person who had their bike shipped from New South Wales just to ride into the rally.

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
Funny time for this post. The 105th Harley Anniversary party/rally is going on this weekend. You can't spit without hitting an HD since yesterday afternoon. One of the local dealerships shares a parking lot with one of the local gentlemen's establishments. Needless to say there are nightly wet t-shirt contests, topless oil wrestling, etc, etc. It is kinda cool to see the lengths to which people go to make the pilgrimage here. Yesterday I saw a group from Colorado and one person who had their bike shipped from New South Wales just to ride into the rally.
Like the new Avi... and topless chicks...

·
Ninja Bike Forum Mod
22,254 Posts
No pics of the second in my computer... And I love the American LeMans series (the avi is the logo of Bad Boy Vettes infused with images of different racing Vettes through the years).

·
Registered
261 Posts
I do not know what kind of gatherings you go too. I just came back from FZ1 West Coast gather in Norcal, I was riding my ZX6R. I had cut it 2 days short after 5 days of unbelievable riding, 1900 miles total, and my Dunlop 208's had both sides bold of 4th day :D. Some fast riding, good company, great food, and gorgeous nature. I didn't drink at all, but some guys had a few bears in the evening. I didn't come there to drink for sure. There is a reason our bikes are called SPORT

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
Is it just me or do Harley rallies seema lot more fun than sportbike rallies. I've never been to a Harley event but all of the pictures that I've seen of them is half naked women flashing their tits or having wet t shirt contest and folks partying. All of the sportbike events I have been too is just a bunch of dudes standing around posing with their bikes.
I don't know about you but the women content wouldn't make one event better than another. Actually events with higher women content seem to be lacking in the real enthusiast interest area so that kind of show can be less appealing in that regard. (generalizing)

I go to car shows to see and talk about cars. I go to bike shows to look at and talk about bikes. If I wanted to see half naked women, boobs, etc, well... there's a place for that too of course.

More often than not, models are in the f*cking way of the cars and bikes I'm trying to look at it and if I wasn't such a soft spoken guy in person, I'd tell them to move out of the way please.

That's just me though... I'm not sold on sex appeal to make an event interesting. But the general population is.

Sometimes the fun in these types of events for me is people watching, so it's not all bad.

::shrug:: I just don't like big crouds much at all.

*awaits impending 'you're probably gay' comment;)*

·
Registered
105 Posts
Depends on what you are looking for. If half naked old chicks and getting drunk appeal to you, a Harley Rally is the place to go.

I gaurantee you I'm having more fun at a track day though than those guys ever will.

Wife and I just got back from the Woman's sportbike rally last weekend and it was a lot of fun and plenty of women.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I go to car shows to see and talk about cars. I go to bike shows to look at and talk about bikes. If I wanted to see half naked women, boobs, etc, well... there's a place for that too of course.

More often than not, models are in the f*cking way of the cars and bikes I'm trying to look at it and if I wasn't such a soft spoken guy in person, I'd tell them to move out of the way please.

That's just me though... I'm not sold on sex appeal to make an event interesting. But the general population is........*awaits impending 'you're probably gay' comment;)*
+1 All the stupid ass half naked chicks just annoy the shit out of me, since most of them don't know shit about the car/bike they are standing right next too. If I wanna see boobs, I go to a strip joint and let it all hang out. lol

·
Registered
268 Posts
i like the harley/cruiser rallies better because they are more about the group and community than the sportbike rallies. when i used to have a honda shadow i would go to some rallies locally and we would go ride usually for the day and then the rest of the weekend we would bbq at the lake, there was some beer drinking but not a whole lot of people getting drunk. there were concerts and all sorts of things to do. its more of a social event than the sporbike rallies are.hell, alot of the time some of the LEO's would come on their department issue hogs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts