Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it true that you can't see through the sportech windscreens?
For the people that own these windscreens, how much does it bother your riding during the day and at night?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Huh? From my experience, you would have to be in a full tuck and basically not wear a helmet and have your chin resting on the gas tank in order to see through it anyway. If you have a mirrored screen, no you can't see through them.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Yeah I have a black chrome and they're of a solid color. Honestly I thought it would bother me but in all reality it helps me see the tach better during the day.

·
Registered
563 Posts
doesnt bother me any...like mred said, you really never look through your windscreen anyways..
it definitly helps you see the guage better.....

·
Registered
689 Posts
The non see-through sportech screen does make it easier to see your gauges. And honestly, I think it helps to clean up the look of the cockpit area.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Want a cheap tinted screen? Head down to your local hardware store and purchase a can of black gloss for $2. That does the job and it looks fantastic. [8D]

·
Registered
119 Posts
i have a sport tech black chrome myself, you can't see through it. but at the same time i can't lie flat enough on the tank to not be able to see above it... it also makes the gauges stand out (day or night) sooo much better

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have the chrome sportech screen and not being able to see through the windscreen is not an issue. The thing that was funny to me when I bought it is the warning label saying that the screen is not for everyday riding.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Same here... It makes it easier to see the guages at night...Just goto an autoparts store and but window tint and do it yourself... not to difficult...takes about an hour at the most to do

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.