Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sportrider says they like the motor and comfy riding position, but dont like the tranny and suspension.. here are the setting they recommend.. enjoy

front preload 6 lines showing, front rebound 1.5 turns out from full stiff, front compression 2 turns out from full stiff, rear preload 9mm thread showing, rear dampning full stiff, rear compression 1.5 turns out from full stiff

I run the same front and 1.5 turns out on rear comp and rebound.

·
Registered
431 Posts
That is great that those setting worked for you.
Just remember you should set your sag first and dial in your suspension to your riding weight.
I have not read the article but most of the test riders are lighter guys so unless your the same weight you my just end up beating the shit out of yourself.

·
Registered
164 Posts
wow im running way stiffer settings on the front. I need to back off a bit to match my riding style but ts still more aggressive than what they recommend. rear is set at about what they recommend and it is pretty good.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
the 2000-2002 and the new zzrs dont have the same suspension the zxr has a race shocks front and rear while the zzr has a cheaper made suspension to kept cost down if yo have the 94* zzr the first thing to do is to replace the suspension front and rear with the 2000-2002

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jason is correct, zzr has different legs than 00-02 model zx6-r. Much softer and more street oriented. I prefer the softer susp, especially on the bumpy LA roads . Now if I was racing or doing alot of track days I would go with aftermarket rearshock and 00-02 forks.
sportrider website has suspension settings for 00-02 model zx6-r also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.