Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be the best paint type for the job? I don't like the flat black look, is there a way to make the shield look solid shiny glossy black?

Anyone here have a finished picture of a spray painted shield?

·
Registered
67 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Give it back by posting pics when your done ;)

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'v read in the other post, that some say it really dose not matter. I guess it all depends on your height. More of personal preference. When you tuck do you look over it? or through it?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Heres another option for you too. I like that idea, you could always tint it, that way you can still see through it... ya know?

·
Registered
170 Posts
A Black 2008 Ninja 250r w/ red rim strip and Yoshimura exhaust.
Damn, nice going:eek:! Congrats on that purchase! I (and I'm sure many others :p) am happy to hear you were able to get your hands on one! I know it's off topic, but where'd you find it? Craigslist? How much?

Congrats again, and ENJOY!

As for painting the windscreen, I don't know much about painting them, but it might be odd to not be able to see through it if you are in a serious tuck. You might wanna just consider aftermarket if you have the 90 or so bucks to spring. That way it will be both functional and nice looking.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Heres another option for you too. I like that idea, you could always tint it, that way you can still see through it... ya know?
True, I'd imagine a local ghetto tint shop would probably do it for ten bucks. If you go that route, just take off the windscreen and walk into the shop with it in your hand, that way it'll be a piece of cake for them.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Damn, nice going:eek:! Congrats on that purchase! I (and I'm sure many others :p) am happy to hear you were able to get your hands on one! I know it's off topic, but where'd you find it? Craigslist? How much?

Congrats again, and ENJOY!

As for painting the windscreen, I don't know much about painting them, but it might be odd to not be able to see through it if you are in a serious tuck. You might wanna just consider aftermarket if you have the 90 or so bucks to spring. That way it will be both functional and nice looking.
Craigslist and I got it for $4000. I didn't mind paying that much for a used. Plus it came with some extra mods.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I flat blacked the inside of my screen and it doesn't affect my view when I tuck on the highway.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I did mine and I have no problems what so ever. I did test before I went through w/ it to see. I used gloss black and since you paint the inside it really doesn't matter its the plastic that makes it look shiny from the other side.

Props to tprouty for having 22 posts and helping someone search!!!

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Nobody, I don't "get" you at all. You've spent all that cash for gear months before you finally got a bike. You shelled out the dough to get a ride at last - and you want to paint your windscreen? For less than $100 you can buy a Puig or other brand windscreen in any color or configuration your little heart desires which will take all of 10 minutes to install. And you'll still be able to see through it when you want to pretend you're Rossi. Why in god's name would you want to "paint" your windscreen? :headscratch:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts