Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently removed this engine, split the cases, and replaced the transmission input and output shafts. While reassembling the clutch— my spring plate does not mate correctly with the clutch hub. I believe this is due to the torque limiter springs as they are contacting the hub. I was sure to align the notches in the spring plate with the notches in the hub, per the manual. I also believe I installed all related parts correctly. Does anyone have experience installing these springs?

Here is how I installed everything

IMG_1713.jpg
First the clutch basket was installed on the transmission shaft

spacer.jpg
Followed by the spacer, beveled side faced outwards

IMG_1715.jpg

IMG_1716.jpg
Hub, torque limiter springs, and nut installed. I installed the springs in the correct order per the service manual. In this picture the springs lay flat as the nut has not been torqued to spec. However when i tighten the nut, the springs bend upwards, interfering with the spring plate

IMG_1720.jpg
Now the clutch hub no longer sits flush against the fibers of the first plate

Edit: This is on a 2006 ZX6R

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
IMG_1718.jpg
The spring plate sits correctly when the rest of the parts are not installed

IMG_1722.jpg
Note the wear on the spring plate from the springs

I'm really scratching my head here, from what i can tell I've installed everything correctly. I've closely followed the service manual but I cannot seem to get this right

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
did u mic the stack height
Again, I don’t think stack height is the issue. Standard is 39.1mm.

Could anyone that’s installed a clutch hub shed some light here?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
View attachment 131633
Hub, torque limiter springs, and nut installed. I installed the springs in the correct order per the service manual. In this picture the springs lay flat as the nut has not been torqued to spec. However when i tighten the nut, the springs bend upwards, interfering with the spring plate
Edit: This is on a 2006 ZX6R
From the looks of it, the torque limiter springs are in the wrong location.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts