Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently changed my chain and sprockets on my '04 636 and went up one tooth in the back and down one in the front. I am wondering just how much that may throw off my speedometer? I know that they aren't that accurate to begin with but is it much worse now? Is there a formula or anything to work out the % difference in speed based upon changing the number of teeth on the sprockets?

·
Registered
74 Posts
There isnt any formula that I am aware of, but i know that it increased my speed by about 16%. I have an 03 636 and did the same gearing conversion. I finally got tired of it and bought a speedohealer from www.cal-sportbike.com It provides really clear installation instructions and several ways of recalibrating your speedo to your liking. They even provide a step by step calinbration process based on your needs via some html pages.

·
Registered
315 Posts
i highly recommend the speedohealer also, pretty easy to install and setup. on my 03 i stuck mine under the right side filler panel with velcro so it was out of my way.

·
Premium Member
11,912 Posts
Originally posted by MAS
i highly recommend the speedohealer also, pretty easy to install and setup. on my 03 i stuck mine under the right side filler panel with velcro so it was out of my way.
[:+1]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.