Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey bumble i have no idea about the sprockets but i do know that if you do not push the shifter hard enough when going into second it does go into neutral since neutral is between first and second. I would suggest trying to put more of your foot under the shifter while shifting up but thats only my opinion see what works for you.

Chris

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey guys im a newb also, and i have a few questions about some simple things dealing with my zx-6r 02. For instance, sprocket size, i want more top end speed, but i dont want to loose the ability to do wheelies, is there anything i can do so i can keep both?

Also when ever i get on the throttle in first gear, and go to switch to second it sometimes grinds or goes to nuetral, is there anything i can do about it because it really pisses me off. Can i maybe adjust the petal(or whatever it is called) so i dont have to lift my foot so high?

Im also looking for some light weight parts that can make the bike a little lighter being how its a damn brick compared to the 636[:eek:)].

It also seems that any site i go on only has parts for zx-6r up to the 2001 model, maybe because the 02 model is basically the same im not sure.

Thanks guys later

·
Registered
178 Posts
This may not apply to the zx-6 but I had a 93 CBR-F2 a few bikes ago that I went up two teeth in the back. It actually gained topspeed and of course acceleration too.

The reason why is that bike would not make enough power to hit redline in 6th. I don't know if your bike will or not.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks guys i appreciate your help i cant ride the bike yet so im not sure if any of your ideas will help but ill get back to you as soon as i began to ride again.

Alot of people tell me that making the sprocket smaller will give me more torque, helping me make wheelies but no one knows for sure so i guess i just have to try shit out. Ill keep you posted.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Raising the number of teeth in the back should increase torque and acceleration. Its a simple question of mechanical advantage. Its like moving from a 3.42 to a 3.73 rear end in a chevrolet. (Sorry, Im used to talking about small blocks!) Theoretically, lowering the amount of teeth in the back would increase top end speed, however as was said the bike wont make enough power to get to the high revs, and you'd just counteract the change.

The real question is, why the hell do you need a higher top end speed. Is 170mph just not fast enough for you? Maybe its just me but I prefer a 120+ quarter mile over a 180mph death ride down the freeway...

Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.