Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am lookin to get a sprocket(s), but I am not sure on which setup to go with. I want to be able to accelerate faster and do wheelies easier, so I was thinkin of goin with a -1 in the front. I also heard that changing the front settings can increase chain wear. What is a good cheap setup for the 02' 6R and what are the stock settings?

Thanks
Josh

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
i bought my bike with -2 +7 and i still have it like that, its awsome, i have killer accel, and i can pop up wheelies pretty easy. I like the setup, and keep in mine -1 in the front is equil to about +2-3 on the rear, i would not go much higher then mine for street, you will be shifting ALOT and top speed is significantly lower. I have a 60 something rear also, but i have never tried it i got it with my bike, seems like it would be fun lol
Ben

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So would it be better for the chain goin -1 in the front or +2 or +3 in the rear or a combo of both?

·
Registered
181 Posts
if u don a combo..like -1+2 like mine ull have to get a new chain..i have a 520 xring chain on it as well..i like my set up its not that much of a diffrence eather jus a grand or so..u wont loos much top speed eather..ull still be able to hit 175 if u ever go that fast..if u do a +3 in the back i think that might be beter..and i think u can still use ur stock chain if u do it that way too...if u do -1 in the front the chain does get a lil noisier so it might be true that there will be more chain wear..but i like my set up..i dont think ill change it back i can get 2nd gear weelies up alot easyer. id also recomend geting a speedo healer for ur bike if ur gona do a set up like mine..its not a big change but the miles still add up..ive got at least 2 grand more miles than i should from it befor i got the healer. but what ever u choose tho bro.ull like it.. have fun man

·
Registered
181 Posts
yea makes sence

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.