Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 08 gas 42 rear stock looking for someone to tell me how many you should I go was looking to go+4 rear +2 front

M0nst€r

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Adding 1 sprocket tooth for the front is about the same as taking away 3 sprocket teeth for the rear.

What is best varies a lot- is the bike mostly used for long rides at 75 mph, or riding stoplight to stoplight in a city? Are you willing to raise the rpm in each gear a lot for a feeling of more power, but with less gas mileage and shorter engine life?

A sportbike is generally geared higher to more easily pass exhaust pollution and noise tests, and to raise the published top speed. A beginner bike is generally geared lower, so newbies can take off from a stoplight more easily.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Adding 1 sprocket tooth for the front is about the same as taking away 3 sprocket teeth for the rear.

What is best varies a lot- is the bike mostly used for long rides at 75 mph, or riding stoplight to stoplight in a city? Are you willing to raise the rpm in each gear a lot for a feeling of more power, but with less gas mileage and shorter engine life?

A sportbike is generally geared higher to more easily pass exhaust pollution and noise tests, and to raise the published top speed. A beginner bike is generally geared lower, so newbies can take off from a stoplight more easily.
Jeff your retarded! It has nothing to do with noobs taking off easier! If anything its power wheelies.. and as far as low gearing making for shorter engine life thats BS as well! These bike are made to rev its not gonna hurt shit if you take care of it..you really need to stop posting dumb shit!

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
So far we have -1 for the front and +1, +2, +3 or +17 for the back, for a 600 sportbike.

It is common with 250 Ninjas, Z1000s, and cruisers for people to add a bigger front sprocket/smaller back sprocket for less vibration at 75 mph.

More rpm will wear an engine out faster- the rev limiter just prevents immediate damages.

Another rude asshole, attacking people who are free to make different choices.

·
Registered
254 Posts
So far we have -1 for the front and +1, +2, +3 or +17 for the back, for a 600 sportbike.

It is common with 250 Ninjas, Z1000s, and cruisers for people to add a bigger front sprocket/smaller back sprocket for less vibration at 75 mph.

More rpm will wear an engine out faster- the rev limiter just prevents immediate damages.

Another rude asshole, attacking people who are free to make different choices.
No ones rude! Its rude of u to say someone changes sprockets to take off faster cause they cant ride! Truth is alot of us that have a different setup can ride circles around u

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
A stunter adds a huge back sprocket for more control during their tricks, because they do not need to go 75 mph smoothly, or up to 165 mph on a straight section of track.

My first rides were on a 3.5 horsepower minibike in 1967 when I was 8 years old with a torque converter automatic transmission, to make it easier for a beginner.

If you are riding circles around me you are going way over the speed limit.

·
Registered
254 Posts
A stunter adds a huge back sprocket for more control during their tricks, because they do not need to go 75 mph smoothly, or up to 165 mph on a straight section of track.

My first rides were on a 3.5 horsepower minibike in 1967 when I was 8 years old with a torque converter automatic transmission, to make it easier for a beginner.

If you are riding circles around me you are going way over the speed limit.
Not everyone started on started on a riding mower like you man...:thefinger

1 - 12 of 12 Posts