Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprocket Setup

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  barnes 
#1 ·
I was just wondering if i was to go 3 up in the rear, would I be able to wheelie in 2nd gear off just throttle? Currently I am -1 in the front and can clutch up 2nd just about a foot or so, but i wanted to go 3 up in the rear.

Thanks

#2 ·
I have an 02' 6R and am -1 in the front. Even before I did the sprocket change I was able to bounce it up in 2nd(although it required a little work). With the current setup of -1 I can now bounce up 3rd too. It just takes practice and you will eventually get it.

Good luck, keep it safe!!!

#4 ·
I was riding the other day and tried to bounce it up in 2nd. I could only get it about a foot off the ground. I was thinking of going up three in the rear too. I just want it too be clean coming up. I don't think you can go wrong messing with sprockets. It adds low end witch is more fun, Unless you are into high speed. In phoenix where I live it's too hard to hit high speeds anyway.

#5 ·
If you go up 3 in the back your torque will be outrageous.. I advise u no to do it..
Originally posted by mikey71497

I was just wondering if i was to go 3 up in the rear, would I be able to wheelie in 2nd gear off just throttle? Currently I am -1 in the front and can clutch up 2nd just about a foot or so, but i wanted to go 3 up in the rear.

Thanks

#6 ·
I went 2 up in the rear to 42 teeth on a '03 makes a fair bit of difference. 1 down in the front is equal to 3 up in the rear so if u'r already down 1 in the front and want to go 3 up in the rear u do the maths it will end up being 6 up in the rear i WOULDN'T do it if i were u

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.