Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Ive only posted once before on the site and found it helpful so i decided i would ask another question , Ive been wanting to get a bit more low end power for accleration and the odd wheelie ! Are the stock sprockets 15-43>? im thinking bout going to 14-45 anyone suggest where i could get a kit of the internet? im from england by the way cheers guys!

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
yes the the 05-06 zx6r & zx6rr came stock with 15-43 gearing and 110 link chain, u can still run the stock chain with 14-45 gearing and u will be fine

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hello Ive only posted once before on the site and found it helpful so i decided i would ask another question , Ive been wanting to get a bit more low end power for accleration and the odd wheelie ! Are the stock sprockets 15-43>? im thinking bout going to 14-45 anyone suggest where i could get a kit of the internet? im from england by the way cheers guys!
Where abouts in the UK are you located buddy, i know of a few places...and some cheap online shops :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im from oxford ! would be good if someone could give me some details as where to pick these bits up from cheers.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Im from oxford ! would be good if someone could give me some details as where to pick these bits up from cheers.

Ok buddy thats easy then use...

www.intobikes.co.uk, cheap and fast with excellent service.

You can filter by bike :), they sell standard sets but you can also chose individually like.....

520APX-110 Tsubaki Alpha X Ring Gold - 110 links 58.89 GBP

184-520-45HA Rear hard anodised alloy sprocket - 45t 24.99 GBP

Then just find a 14t front for the 05 636 :)

Those above would fit if you found a 14t front as like mentioned before if you drop one on the front and go +2 on the back you can keep the standard chain length.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I was thinking sprocket also.. I just went with a 14t up front and am very happy with more low end toque...

the front will come up if i chop the throttle in 1st then WOT it.. but i dont really try to do wheelies.. i tried clutching it up a few times in second and the front comes up smoothly.. but im too skurd..

anyhow for canyons/track a front 14t sprocket is perfect.. the speedo is off my 10% though..

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cheers guys just gotta wait till the end of the month and i will pick some up from that website !!! tom

·
Registered
52 Posts
hey bud i found a great sprocket and you can get it in just about any ratio you want. www.supersprox.com that should give you this info about the sprocket but i think you have to actually buy it from a third party which they have links to on the site. check them out i have one and i love the looks and performance!

·
Registered
310 Posts
You can run a -1 +3, but that's the limit I believe. For the street I'll run +1 in the front and would like to go -3 in the rear.:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts