Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an aftermarket aluminum sprocket on my rear. my chain slack is fine and my rear wheel is aligned perfect but the inside of the sprocket teeth are getting rubbed down from the chain but only every other tooth. the outside surface of the sprocket looking from the right to the left from the back. the finish is rubbed off and the surface is pretty worn. the sprocket is straight also. maybe the rear tire isnt spaced right somehow. i dont know

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
did u put the spacers on the rite side? on my 04 one spacer is longer than the other. but this mite be the problem "aftermarket aluminum sprocket"

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I would recheck the sprocket install and ensure that everything is correct. If you had a shop do it for you, talk to them about it. I'm also not a fan of aluminum sprockets for the street. They just don't last very long at all. A sprocket on the street should last at least 10,000 miles in my opinion, if not more. At least the same life span as a chain. Aluminum sprockets are fine for racing since most of the time they only see limited use and will get changed out more often.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Originally posted by xtremewlr
I would recheck the sprocket install and ensure that everything is correct. If you had a shop do it for you, talk to them about it. I'm also not a fan of aluminum sprockets for the street. They just don't last very long at all. A sprocket on the street should last at least 10,000 miles in my opinion, if not more. At least the same life span as a chain. Aluminum sprockets are fine for racing since most of the time they only see limited use and will get changed out more often.
Exactly. Stick with steel for the street. The power increase you get is so little worth the time you have to remove and install new sprockets.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.