Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I`ve heard from people that changing sprockets (- teeth in front, + in back) help to lift the front..

Anyone have a recommended sprocket setup for me ? It's a 2000 Zx6R with Kerker slip on.

Also, if at all possible, would be a plus is I didn't have to change the chain (just did). Thanks. Let me know..

·
Registered
558 Posts
just go one down in the front and see what it does....it also pretty cheap.
if that's not good enough for you go up some in the back. i think +three in the back is equal to -1 in the front.

·
Registered
999 Posts
You can use the stock chain if you go -1 in the front. If you can't do wheelies now -1 isnt going to help. The only thing that is going to help is practice and seat time.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Good point miny. I could do wheelies with the stock sprockets but I needed that little extra push to hold them up, so I went +2 in back. I practiced alot with the stock until I could ride out first and second gear. Now I want to get the wheel up quicker so that I can ride a slower wheelie so I am going -1 in front to lower my speed a little more.

·
Registered
999 Posts
IF your getting faster and faster then your not at the balance point. Once your at the balance point you can just hold a constant speed.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Trust me, I know where the balance point is. Just not comfy with it yet. My second standup ended up in tragedy as my knee and parts of my bike show. I am still working on using the throttle, brake, and balance point to my advantage.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
So Mini... when you comin' out with a new video mister? I trust when you do you're gonna share it with the rest of us wannabes right?

·
Registered
999 Posts
My video cam went out, so till I find someone with the same can all the footage I have is lost. I do have have a lot of new footage which is nothing but tricks on the stuntbike but I don't own the d/v camcorder we use so I dont have the footage at home to play with. I will see what I can do, also saving some of the footage for our video coming out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.