Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plan on changing the chain and sprockets but not sure if i should go -1 or -1+2. Kinda new with bikes. Not sure what i should do and how much of a difference there is between the two. Idk just looking for some opinions and what not.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Some think -1/+2 is excessive for the street. -1 is a common choice. A few people run -1/-1. If you HAVE to mess with the rear one I would do this (-1 in back) unless you're planning on doing a lot of track and the circuit(s) you ride call for gearing that low (even though -2 isn't THAT low...)

If you're just starting out and want an affordable mod you can install yourself, just do the -1/0. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
186 Posts
-1 Only...

i put just the sprocket upfront and wow it feels so much diff now and only being 170pds,
+1 Exact same situation here (even the weight). Did the -1 front yesterday and cannot even describe to you how much more responsive it is in the low range...I personally think adding teeth in the back would be a bit excessive. I couldn't imagine needing that kind of accelleration for the street IMO. But yeah definitely do the -1 front, it will be a well spent $35. GL

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well idk if it makes a difference but i weigh 225. And i do ride just on the street no trak or anything like that. Like i said kinda new with bikes. So all i need is the front sproket? or will i need a new chain too? the bikes completely stock. And thank you all very much been very helpful!

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
+1 Exact same situation here (even the weight). Did the -1 front yesterday and cannot even describe to you how much more responsive it is in the low range...I personally think adding teeth in the back would be a bit excessive. I couldn't imagine needing that kind of accelleration for the street IMO. But yeah definitely do the -1 front, it will be a well spent $35. GL
Agreed, I was happily surprised with what just -1 front did.

I was planning on -1/+2 and just did the front first to see if it was enough, and now I do not think I will be going +2 later anymore.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
i went -1 front and what a difference!! for the street alittle and then the track, needed more for the track out of corners ect. so went +1 rear and might go +2 rear if need be

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.