Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've got a sputtering problem. I can't take off from a stand still without the bike feeling like it just wants to roll over and die:mad: So I can no longer go up to the front of the line at a light b/c I will be obliterated by cagers when I roll of the line at 1mph. About a month ago I tried cleaning the air filter and sprayed some carb cleaner into the valves at slightly higher idle as the bottle says. Unfortunately this didn't work and I'm stuck like chuck. Once I'm past the dieing phase the bike runs fine. I just miss the pull the bike use to have before this problem appeared. Any tips would be appreciated as my tech level isn't high.:(

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn I really didn't have a good time pulling the carbs out before. Then again it was my first time doing it. I guess with a couple of beers and about hours time it wouldn't really be a big deal. Autozone didn't have seafoam from what I could tell so I'll use my chemtool 12 and hope for the best.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm having a similar issue

I've been encountering a weird mechanical issues with my engine sputtering and I'm completely stumped and looking for some guidance from some of you.

To start off - my bike runs, starts, idles great. Very mechanically sound - but recently, I've been running into an issue where when my rpms are closing in on 6000 in all gears, my engine starts sputtering, exhaust gets muffled and in higher gears, I lose velocity. However, in lower gears I can still pick up speed (while muffled) ??

To top it off, this doesn't happen every time. Sometimes I'll just be cruising down the interstate and this will kick in. Other times, it won't happen at all. When it does happen - I've restarted the engine and it didn't help. Other times, I'll just stay on the throttle and it will eventually break out of it - only to kick in and out of the sputtering...

At first I thought it might be my air filter - so i removed, cleaned and and put it back in - but no difference. I had my carbs cleaned and installed new plugs last year and I'm pretty convinced it isn't my carbs. Oil changed recently also.

Has anyone encountered anything like this? Can anyone provide any advice?

Thanks all!
Cory

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm getting the same issue with my 06 ZZR 600. I haven't changed the air filter or cleaned the carbs and replaced the plugs yet, but considering that the last owner didn't ride it much might suggest that this those remaining components might be the issue. I'll do some more research or I might just take it up to the stealearship to see if they can provide some insight. I'll let you know what I find.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts