Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a long nice trip (totally about 500 kms) but the first part of it was under heavy rain and I had to refuel at unknown gas station. Nevertheless had no problems. After I came back, started to suffer from sputtering - the engine dies out especially if there are high rps on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear and almost every time when the bike comes across and "jumps" gettin over some minor bumps or "buried cops" whatever the speed and the gears are. After that I can start the engine again - though not immediately but in a minute or two. Please advise me where to look for the trouble - I have no idea in which part of the fuel line! Otherwise cannot travel in the heavy traffic - just unsafe. I have a nice ZX-636A1 of the year 2002. Thank you.

·
Registered
303 Posts
since it cuts out when you hit bumps its sounds like something is loose... check the vacuum lines on the intake just below where the carbs connect.. also check that the ram air tubes are secured tightly

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, we have checked all the lines and tubes - if they were the cause then, as I was explained, the symptom would be unstable and uncontrollable revs. The reason turned out to be a Taiwan made "Mongoose" alarm system with some kind of a relay installed inside the box which contains the system "motherboard". It was enough to knock slightly against that box and the engine got immediately killed. Interesting to note that that that problem was popping up and disappearing again quite unexpectedly - by the time when I got hold of the alarm system installation man, that problem seemed to be gone by itself! But I appreciate you good advice anyway - for the future!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.