Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 with less than 3000 km on it And the front breaks really squeek when stopping . Is this normal or should I be going back to the dealer?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Mine are doing the same thing. The pads are probably crystalized. I would still run it back to the dealor and have them check it out though.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
It's not uncommon at all for high performance brakes to make more noise than ones from say, a Corolla. My brakes on my ZX squeel and so do the ones on my Volkswagen.
If it's more of a scrape than a squeek then that is bad.

How many miles do you have? Your pads may be dusty or worn out. It's probably the normal sound. The do have brake cleaner if you feel like taking off your calipers.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow I put grease all over them and they stopped squeeking
Thanks for the advice smart ass . My tires are makeing a funny
Noise now Maybe the grease will work there too . To the others thanks and I will take it in and get them to have a look

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
when my brakes squeek i just wd-40 them. they dont stop worth shit but at least they dont squeek.
Lol don't even play like that, you could get a noob killed!

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
lol, i'm at about 900 miles. Mine squeak every so often & had me concerned at first-- but its really rare when it does so i dont worry about it..

·
Registered
768 Posts
wow I put grease all over them and they stopped squeeking
Thanks for the advice smart ass . My tires are makeing a funny
Noise now Maybe the grease will work there too . To the others thanks and I will take it in and get them to have a look
There is a chance he's being a wise ass but putting grease on the backside of the pads is a common method to combat brake squeal. For obvious reasons you don't want to get any on the rotors or friction material itself, but it can help dampen the vibrations that are often the source of some of that squealing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts